PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man

Destroy
04-24-08, 08:15 PM
Gameplay was ok. Some fun was had blowing things up and the hovering/flying definitely adds to the game but overall demo was just meh.

Graphics is where this game fails. This game could of come out 3 years ago and I'd never know the difference. Blurry everything, jaggies, dull effects, duller sounds; if this game were a knife, it'd be a butter knife.

|MaguS|
04-24-08, 08:53 PM
What console were you playing on? I got the demo on my PS3 running at 720p and it looked decent for me. I didn't notice jaggies or too much blurry textures. Yeah the tank textures could have been better but I barely cared since I only saw them for the couple of seconds before I destroyed them.

The enviroments were boring... hopefully the full game will have more detailed areas... if their all large vast areas it will get boring. Everything else from the effects to Iron Man himself looked good to me.

My main issue was the controls, during flight it was horrid. Often I found myself flying straight up not knowing whats going on or diving towards the floor. On the ground things got better but the movement animations felt off. I found myself running by tanks by mistake...

Im gonna rent it from gamefly, if I like it I will keep it then...

gravioli
04-24-08, 11:41 PM
I agree with everything Magus said. The 360 demo looked pretty good, but the controls really turned me off.

kev13dd
04-25-08, 02:21 PM
Gameplay = sucky

Graphics = perfectly fine, better than most

K

Destroy
04-25-08, 03:03 PM
Gameplay = sucky

K

Did you catch a missile in mid flight and throw it back? Did you tear a heli in half while in air? These parts make it less sucky.

kev13dd
04-25-08, 06:09 PM
Did you catch a missile in mid flight and throw it back? Did you tear a heli in half while in air? These parts make it less sucky.
When you can't do those things with any sort of flow they don't retract enough sucky. The idea behind it and the gameplay sounds great, it just didn't feel to me like it worked out to where it's all fluid gameplay and controls. But hey, that's just the demo and my opinion on it

K