PDA

View Full Version : The third revision PS3 coming soon!

Lyme
04-25-08, 02:04 PM
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20080424/150927/

The company defines the first heat sink mounted in the PS3, which was released in November 2006, as the first-generation product. And it already begun commercial production of the third-generation heat sink for the PS3. The third-generation product is characterized by its small size, light weight and low cost.

The kinds of components are more than 20 for the first generation and about 10 for the second. But the third-generation product has only three kinds of components, a fin and pin made by aluminum and a thick aluminum plate used as a substrate. As a result, the weights of the first-, second- and third-generation products are about 700, 500 and 350g, respectively.

|MaguS|
04-25-08, 02:27 PM
Yeah rumored to contain 45mm CELL and RSX. Wonder if the system itself will look any different...

AthlonXP1800
04-25-08, 02:40 PM
Hope it will be slimline PS3. :D

Destroy
04-25-08, 03:34 PM
And they are going to include full backwards compatibility this time right?

|MaguS|
04-25-08, 03:57 PM
Nope, thats gone for good. My guess is that in the future it will all be software emulated.

Peoples-Agent
04-25-08, 04:07 PM
Damn them, i've only just bought one. lol

BronzeGod
04-25-08, 04:12 PM
Damn them, i've only just bought one. lol

PSFAIL x3 :headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode:

Toss3
04-25-08, 04:15 PM
Wohoo perfect timing - gonna buy one soon! :)

1337_Like_ThaT
04-25-08, 04:34 PM
Nope, thats gone for good. My guess is that in the future it will all be software emulated.

And with that said, the 60GB is and always will be the better PS3 model

Glad I picked mine up before all the former PS3/bluray haters jumped along and got theirs

|MaguS|
04-25-08, 04:56 PM
yeah I was playing a PS2 title last night... I would cry if I lost BC on my PS3. I have 100 PS2 games that I still need to complete...

1337_Like_ThaT
04-28-08, 03:56 AM
yeah I was playing a PS2 title last night... I would cry if I lost BC on my PS3. I have 100 PS2 games that I still need to complete...

I like how you said 'still' need to complete :o

Im going to go back and replay God of War series soon and I am always replaying Capcom/SNK/Marvel fighting series games on there as well, so hardware BC definately over software emu.

NaitoSan
04-28-08, 04:15 AM
And with that said, the 60GB is and always will be the better PS3 model

Glad I picked mine up before all the former PS3/bluray haters jumped along and got theirs
ditto, i'm glad i jumped in and bought ps3 60gb with hardware bc. i really hope ps3 doesn't go crap on me...

Toss3
04-28-08, 04:23 AM
ditto, i'm glad i jumped in and bought ps3 60gb with hardware bc. i really hope ps3 doesn't go crap on me...
PC emulators work just as well.. :P So any news on the upcoming model? I'm in dire need of a decent blu-ray player as I just can't get it to work properly on my pc... :(

NaitoSan
04-28-08, 10:53 AM
i don't want to play ps1/2 on pc emulators beisde ps2 emulator isn't 100% perfect.

nekrosoft13
04-28-08, 11:00 AM
PC emulators work just as well.. :P So any news on the upcoming model? I'm in dire need of a decent blu-ray player as I just can't get it to work properly on my pc... :(

true, PC emulators works great with PSX games, just PS2 games are still work in progress.

what problems do you have with blu-ray on PC? my GGW-H20L + PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 will playback everything plus recent profile 2.0 update.

I still might pick up PS3 since its the cheapest decent blu-ray player, just why does it have to be so ugly :headexplode:

slobster
04-28-08, 11:05 AM
I still might pick up PS3 since its the cheapest decent blu-ray player, just why does it have to be so ugly :headexplode:

Thats your opinion :headexplode: and you anti PS3 boys that claim your only picking one up just for the blue ray player make me LOL .

The moment you play Drakes Uncharted you will change your tune, I can guarentee you that much.

christos
04-28-08, 11:05 AM
I still might pick up PS3 since its the cheapest decent blu-ray player, just why does it have to be so ugly

If you think it's ugly just do what I do....I have both my wii and PS3 behind my flatscreen, which is on a tv stand.

I do it for space reasons though, not ugliness...but it does keep my consoles out of site, and with bluetooth, line of sight is not needed.

nekrosoft13
04-28-08, 11:06 AM
Thats your opinion :headexplode: and you anti PS3 boys that claim your only picking one up just for the blue ray player make me LOL .

go away Rob

nekrosoft13
04-28-08, 11:10 AM
If you think it's ugly just do what I do....I have both my wii and PS3 behind my flatscreen, which is on a tv stand.

I do it for space reasons though, not ugliness...but it does keep my consoles out of site, and with bluetooth, line of sight is not needed.

true, i could stick it somewhere, it just doesn't fit well with home theater setup, monstly Onkyo stuff. Or I could way till fall and pick up that new Sharp Profile 2.0 player that supposed to come out.

Lyme
04-28-08, 03:37 PM
+1

If my 60gb ever crapped out on me, I'd demand repair or replacement with the EXACT same model (a launch 60gb)

Hardware BC ftw.

You can demand all you want, but if Sony stops making them, you will unlikely be getting one as a warranty replacement.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269772

I've seen that kind of note posted on other sites too.

Peoples-Agent
04-28-08, 04:00 PM

The moment you play Drakes Uncharted you will change your tune, I can guarentee you that much.

I won't argue with that, it worked that way with me. LoL

That and it's ability to play certain HD TV episodes with the help of mkv2vob.

Toss3
04-29-08, 02:04 AM
true, PC emulators works great with PSX games, just PS2 games are still work in progress.

what problems do you have with blu-ray on PC? my GGW-H20L + PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 will playback everything plus recent profile 2.0 update.

I just upgraded to powerdvd 8.0 Ultra, yet I still have some problems with sound and motion judder, and the picture looks grainy. Plus it's not easy getting sound to work properly without good vista 64 drivers for the sound card either.
And from my experience ps2 emulators work pretty well, at least with most of the popular titles. Yet having an upscaling ps2 wouldn't hurt either, but it's not something I care about(already have a ps2).