PDA

View Full Version : Is WiiFit 4 sets of electronic bathroom scales glued together?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

XDanger
04-26-08, 07:45 PM
or just 2?

crainger
04-26-08, 07:58 PM
Yes

Zelda_fan
04-26-08, 08:18 PM
If Nintendo pulls it off and sells it for $80 they are geniuses.

XDanger
04-26-08, 08:20 PM
its 70 over here!!

My gf is getting the homemade version.

crainger
04-26-08, 08:25 PM
You mean 'Go outside and walk around.'? I'm getting that, plus the 'Eat properly.' downloadable content looks good to.

Will look good next to my current 'Bike riding' and 'Rowing' collections I have now.

XDanger
04-26-08, 08:31 PM
Actually no, She needs 2 sets of bathroom scales to tell her weight.

So I just buy her a hula hoop and its all sorted

christos
05-06-08, 04:29 PM
Apparently people in the US seem to want this thing pretty badly.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/06/wii-fit-sells-out-on-amazon-2-5-units-sold-every-minute/

christos
05-06-08, 04:32 PM
If only gym memberships sold as fast as this thing, then maybe I wouldn't have to pay extra to get new suits cut and tailored as a punishment for actually being in shape.

JigenD
05-06-08, 05:10 PM
It does measure the balance too, so it's probably something like 4 scales, maybe even 6 or so.

Nintendo has really shown off masterful marketing this generation, but they do spend a lot on the marketing. I heard Nintendo is spending between 250 and 500 million dollars on the Wii Fit campaign, which means they might only break about even on the game. Obviously there was no R&D money spent. :D

ralinn
05-06-08, 05:11 PM
I've been playing it with my family for the past few days. It's actually a really clever piece of kit and I don't see why you guys want put it down so much.

With the family, the mini games were a lot of fun but Wii Fit doesn't focus on the the game side of things. It's definitely the most innovative 'game' I've used so far on the Wii, and definitely worth the money for people who want to keep track of their weight or lose weight while having fun. I don't actually need to lose weight, but some of my family do and they left my house saying they were going to get it for themselves because it does what no exercise DVD or video does... it lets you enjoy yourself while you keep fit.

It's definitely not for everyone... if you're a hardcore gamer and you're looking for another game to play then I don't really recommend it. If you're looking for something different and quite like the idea of having a workout at the same time, then I do recommend it. I had the 'pleasure' of reading an older thread where people said only idiots would go for it. I've never read anything so ****ing absurd in my entire life. Some people just find it easier to rip ideas apart than to give them a try. It happened with the Wii Remote, Six axis and now this. If it makes a game even more fun to play, then why the hell not?

Oh, and no it isn't just a set of scales. If you actually bothered to play it or at least look up how it works, you'd realise how the Wii 'scales' are actually different from normal ones. I know it's hard to come to terms with it... but it actually works quite well with games :)

ralinn
05-06-08, 05:24 PM
I've been playing it with my family for the past few days. It's actually a really clever piece of kit and I don't see why you guys want put it down so much.

OK, actually I do. You're mostly PC gamers so you would try your hardest to put it down. ;)

Just kidding...

/ducks

Mr. Hunt
05-06-08, 11:58 PM
OK, actually I do. You're mostly PC gamers so you would try your hardest to put it down. ;)

Just kidding...

/ducks

I put it down because it is honestly stupid. Why pay that money for something a 5 dollar scale can do, along with some freaking walking? It just makes no sense to me to pay that much for a scale.

Dreamingawake
05-07-08, 12:33 AM
yeah no kidding how right you are it DOESN'T make sense to pay that much for a scale.

HOWEVER.

Wii fit is a video game.

lol

rek075
05-07-08, 11:50 AM
Whoever puts this game down must also put down games such as Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I mean, why waste your time playing a fake instrument when you can spend your time learning a real one?

Mr. Hunt
05-07-08, 12:05 PM
Whoever puts this game down must also put down games such as Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I mean, why waste your time playing a fake instrument when you can spend your time learning a real one?

Because buying a real drum set, bass, guitar, amp, etc. is much more expensive than the game? Wii Fit is you standing on a board... nothing you can't do without the board.

Tygerwoody
05-07-08, 12:21 PM
I have yet to see a single person who wants to buy Wii Fit that isn't grossly overweight.

lol at people who actually think this thing will help them shed pounds.

nemecb
05-07-08, 12:46 PM
Not that interested in Wii fit, but I want to see a skiing or snowboarding game use the balance board.

rek075
05-07-08, 03:12 PM
Because buying a real drum set, bass, guitar, amp, etc. is much more expensive than the game? Wii Fit is you standing on a board... nothing you can't do without the board.

Lots you can do with real instruments.

ralinn
05-11-08, 05:58 PM
That's not the point. It's just a tool used to play the game, just like a joystick, gamepad or steering wheel. You make it out like you just stand on it and it tells you your weight. Telling you your weight is just one of many things it's used for. It's used in many clever ways that are only possible with the Wii board and not a set of scales you'd pic up for a tenner (or however much you lot would pay for it).

You can try and put it down all you want, but if it works well in games and fitness... why the hell not?

ralinn
05-11-08, 06:02 PM
Well, now I know you've definitely not used it then. Yes it would help a lot of people... not down to the board alone but to the software. There are a lot of fun and helpful exercises in Wii Fit that actually make a difference. One of the great things about the 'game' is that it actually tells you and shows you how to do the exercises properly, which is a great help to a lot of people that do themselve injuries.

It's far too easy to pass judgement at this game without playing it...

ViN86
05-11-08, 06:27 PM
just got a Wii today. not really interested in WiiFit. if i want to lose weight, ill runoutside k thx :D

npras42
05-11-08, 07:21 PM
I have yet to see a single person who wants to buy Wii Fit that isn't grossly overweight.

Grossly overweight people are probably the people it could help most. 20-30 mins of moderate exercise daily that gets your heart racing (and it doesn't take much to get their heart racing) and a low fat diet could help these people enormously.

If this thing can do that then it sounds great to me. I don't need one but I'm not gonna knock anyone else for using it. In fact, I'm sure it won't be long before some credible research is published regarding this game and you never know but doctors may actually begin recommending this thing to people. There are already lots of family doctors in the UK who recommend the Wii and/or DS to patients. Wii gets you up and moving while stimulating your mind and reactions, while the Brain Training game has apparently been effective in slowing the onset of senile dementia.

AndY1
05-12-08, 05:06 AM

Oh, really? I train fitness 3-4 times a week at a fitness center for 15 years and I' m pretty well built. Guess what? I bought Wii Fit and it's a perfect complementation device next to my fitness training (BMI=25).

Warm up with aerobic exercises, then some muscle building, balance games and finish training with Yoga. Perfect.

My girlfriend has made her account too and she exercises too with Wii Fit.:afro:

Mr. Hunt
05-12-08, 07:54 AM
Oh, really? I train fitness 3-4 times a week at a fitness center for 15 years and I' m pretty well built. Guess what? I bought Wii Fit and it's a perfect complementation device next to my fitness training (BMI=25).

Warm up with aerobic exercises, then some muscle building, balance games and finish training with Yoga. Perfect.

My girlfriend has made her account too and she exercises too with Wii Fit.:afro:

BMI = Bowel Movements Initiated? What the hell does your getting an enima have to do with Wii Fit? Your fudge got packed too tight from buying it?

ViN86
05-12-08, 10:08 AM
BMI = Bowel Movements Initiated? What the hell does your getting an enima have to do with Wii Fit? Your fudge got packed too tight from buying it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index

:rolleyes: