PDA

View Full Version : Raidmax Smilodon

Zapablast05
04-27-08, 04:03 PM
I'm looking into getting a new case. I was looking at newegg's case and this one caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone had this or had any info about it. It's between this case and a CM RC690 and RC590.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156078

Can anyone shine some light so I can decide which one to get? I really like the Raidmax case because of it's design and lighting but the RC590 looks like it has a lot of different cooling options. I want something that looks cool, has good ventilation to my GPU's and mobo heatpipes.

jcrox
04-27-08, 04:12 PM
I've never actually handled an "extreme" smilodon case but the regular ones IMO aren't that great. Not a lot of room in them (mid tower ya know) and not the greatest airflow but, you could always just leave the side off the case, kind of defeats the point though. I definitely would not suggest getting that case if you're still planning on getting water cooling.

Zapablast05
04-27-08, 04:26 PM
If I can get a nice good case with good airflow and a side panel, then I won't need water cooling. But I do want to WC my CPU. Since space will be an issue with WCing, I might as well go with a full tower. I miss having all that space :(. If I go with a full tower, I wouldn't mind not having a window. I'm open to suggestions for a full tower case (price is a factor).

Zapablast05
04-29-08, 01:06 AM
Any good full tower cases that are sexy and not too pricey?

CaptNKILL
04-29-08, 01:12 AM
With that name I was expecting a big round yellow smiley face for a tower.

<--- disappointed

:(

XP_GUN
04-29-08, 01:14 AM
I left a post for you in the Rig2008 lol :)

Zapablast05
04-29-08, 01:20 AM
Awesome. Is it roomy or does everything get all cramped up? How's the airflow/ventilation?

EciDemon
04-29-08, 03:18 AM
Just some general pointers for you, if you wanna stick with air cooling, look for a case with lots of room, you also want 120mm slots for fans (in and out) for better noise levels compared to 80mm. I really like the chassies with the PSU mounted in the bottom as the ATX2 standard with psu above cpu isnt very smart i think (it prolly made sence at the time), the idea was to have the PSU act as exhaust with a fan in the bottom and at the back of the psu, but with a bad cpu cooler, the psu will only suck in hot air, and on contrast, with a powerfull one (combined with a 120mm exhaust fan at the back) the psu might not get much air at all due to the vaccum effect in that area. Either way psu wont be efficiently cooled as they need be. The cooler your psu is the better it performs (degrading curve)

H4yd3n
04-29-08, 01:13 PM
Any good full tower cases that are sexy and not too pricey?
Cooler Master Stacker 830. Huge, great airflow, fairly cheap, I paid $380 USD for this case and a 1000W PSU combo, and the case is very sexy looking. I prefer black, but there is also a silver version. Oh, and it has a removable mobo tray. And, it also has lots of places to put fans.

stevemedes
04-29-08, 02:28 PM
Cooler Master Stacker 830. Huge, great airflow, fairly cheap, I paid $380 USD for this case and a 1000W PSU combo, and the case is very sexy looking. I prefer black, but there is also a silver version. Oh, and it has a removable mobo tray. And, it also has lots of places to put fans.

+1, i have the stacker 832 and i love it. not many cases have removable mobo trays anymore but this one does. its easy to work in, has tons of spots for fans, has the side fan bracket so you can put four 120's cooling the mobo, vid card and ram. the only bad part is the hard drive cage is annoying to take out, its not exactly like the drives snap in and out with ease, you have to take the whole cage out.