PDA

View Full Version : GTA4 X360: anyone got more info on the region lock?

ahheadlock
04-27-08, 07:43 PM
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered - did a search and didn't come up with the info i was after.

Basically, i'm in australia - and i dont want the censored version (more because it offends me that our country does this stuff than for want of content). But due to the region lock, buying a US copy is out of the question.

Does anyone know how strict the region lock is, is it like DVD's - where i could get say a copy from singapore or something and it will work?

basically i'm looking for a way around it, anyone know one?

|MaguS|
04-27-08, 07:46 PM
No way around it with the X360 that I know of.

ahheadlock
04-27-08, 07:48 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

whatever happened to Australia being a laid back relaxed place. F**kin gronks running this country.

npras42
04-27-08, 08:09 PM
Would the UK edition not work? I don't think the regions for X360 games are the same as those for DVDs... Wouldn't any PAL version of the game work in an Aus console?

npras42
04-27-08, 08:14 PM
http://www.my360.com.au/post.aspx?id=4607

ahheadlock
04-27-08, 08:22 PM
you rule.

So UK will work? I guess i'll find out if i shell out the dollars.

ahheadlock
04-27-08, 08:28 PM
btw. What about Multiplayer? I hear rumours that UK version is ok to play SP but Multiplayer is a no no

Peoples-Agent
04-28-08, 02:50 AM
btw. What about Multiplayer? I hear rumours that UK version is ok to play SP but Multiplayer is a no no

Not sure if this helps any, but us UK folk import alot of titles from play-asia (ones that work!) that are supposedly region free and they are fine online.

Infact my copy of Crackdown is the asian one covered in foreign writing and I have played that online no bother.

npras42
04-28-08, 04:25 AM
My Halo 3 isn't a UK edition either. I don't know where it was from but it has Aisan writing on the cover art and is PAL format. It also worked fine online. I don't think ou'll have any problems at all.

ahheadlock
04-29-08, 08:30 PM
I sold out my principals and bought the aus version lol

couldn't wait and didn't want to take the chance on MP