PDA

View Full Version : Who Picked up Mario Kart?

nrdstrm
04-27-08, 11:27 PM
I know the other "big" games are coming out as well, but I picked this up and it's a blast. I was surprised the steering wheel works well. It's another Kart classic by nintendo...I havn't tried the online racing yet, but I plan to in the next few days...What do you guys think of it?

methimpikehoses
04-27-08, 11:58 PM
Ordering now... a friend of mine just picked it up and sent me his friend code to play online... can't leave him hanging. :o

ATOJAR
04-28-08, 12:40 AM
We got it on the release date(me and the wife) .... we love it, as said its a real blast, the manual drift is cool and the tracks are really fun, i can honestly say there is not a bad track on the whole game imo, we have almost compleated it though .... we have afew more tracks to do on the mirror courses(going backwards around the tracks)...... the good thing is imo is its not a game even when completed you would get bored of, we got the wii wheels but we use the gamecube joypads, its alot easier i think!

Online is pretty fun but its just like single player, just alittle harder & its just that little better knowing your racing real people.

einstein_314
04-28-08, 01:15 AM
I want a wii soooo bad so I can play mario kart. Pretty much my favorite game on the 64. Just can't find a wii anywhere to buy in these parts.....

lognoronon
04-28-08, 01:37 AM
I just picked up a Wii today (first console I have picked up since the GC was new) and this game is the main reason. Getting use to the wheel and the entire Wii control scheme after normal controllers is kinda hard though. I played a few online matches and I didn't notice any lag issues. I'm trying to get back to using Donkey Kong since he was my best guy in the n64 version.

David power
04-28-08, 02:19 AM
Been playing it 2 weeks now. Top quality game and now that snaking is gone from the multiplayer everyone can enjoy it.

I would say its as good if not better than the DS mario kart game.

I should also add I dont play with the wheel or anything wii mote like. I use the GC / classic controllers

1337_Like_ThaT
04-28-08, 03:35 AM
My GF just picked this up today for us :)

Going to give it a shot hopefully sometime this week (after GTA IV of course;)) and will post back what I think. Biggest question for me at this point is whether I will use the wheel, wii-mote or classic controller..ummm......On a side note, I still play Mario Kart DS and also go online to always find competition so that game is still going strong

David power
04-28-08, 03:50 AM
My GF just picked this up today for us :)

Going to give it a shot hopefully sometime this week (after GTA IV of course;)) and will post back what I think. Biggest question for me at this point is whether I will use the wheel, wii-mote or classic controller..ummm......On a side note, I still play Mario Kart DS and also go online to always find competition so that game is still going strong

If your a fan of the DS game you will feel at home with the classic controller.

The second you make your first bad turn on the wheel you will be straight to a controll scheme your know better. nothing worse than having to re learn mario kart.

tornadog
04-28-08, 08:56 AM
I picked this from my local Blockbuster but with GTA4 coming out tomorrow, I might be returning it unplayed!!!

schuey74
04-28-08, 09:34 AM
It's awesome. I don't know who likes it more, me or my five year old nephew?!

firehawk
04-28-08, 12:17 PM
i haven't been a fan of mario kart since the n64 days. they ruined it with the wonky rubber band item system imo. no skill involved in it anymore all luck, i after a race i feel like i jusr wasted 15 minutes accomplishing nothing

i'lll keep on playing the snes original - lol

slick
04-28-08, 04:53 PM
To sum up my MK sentiments:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080425.jpg

zoomy942
04-29-08, 10:46 AM
i picked up mario kart yesterday.

man o man is it fun. i was honestly very worried about using that wheel, but it turns out that its perfect! it makes the game more involving and also easier for newbies to pick it up. my wife and i played fr 2 hours last night. so much fun.

now off to buy guitar hero.

911medic
04-29-08, 11:40 AM
Just picked it up today. Haven't played it yet...

Got an extra Wii wheel, too.

methimpikehoses
05-02-08, 12:01 PM
Finally got to play a few races last night... I hate the wheel too. And it's no good to play with the wii-mote because the B button is uncomfortable to reach when steering. It's not a problem on Excite Truck because you don't use B at all.

Meh, looks like I'm getting some new controllers this weekend. The game itself is right up there with the 64 version, plus online capability. Looking forward to pwning noobs.

I'll post my mario friend code soon.

zoomy942
05-22-08, 09:13 AM
so i started hating mario kart with the wheel. i was playing the 100CC and i kept getting beat on. it seemed like all those f*cking shells were only amied at me, and once i got hit i would go from 1st place to 11th. it was like all of them versus me.

so last night i triedr it with the classic controller. wow!! its like a whole new game! its much more fun becasue its more fair and its like playing mario kart 64 all over again