PDA

View Full Version : New Opera release

Sazar
04-28-08, 01:06 AM
Is anyone else here using the latest opera release?

http://www.opera.com/download/

The latest version seems even snappier than the previous one :D

For the first time in almost a year, I am back to using Opera as my primary browser over FF2 at home simply because of the speed of the bastard :smoking:

The fact that it is using over 100MB less than FF2 after prolonged usage just sweetens the deal :)

crainger
04-28-08, 02:01 AM
I'll try it out. I'm using Opera Mini on my JasJam and it's very fast, so the desktop should be a nice change. Firefox is a bit of a slug these days.

Toss3
04-28-08, 03:24 AM
Isn't quite as fast as firefox 3 beta 5, but fast enough. :) Gifs still look slow.

Sazar
04-28-08, 03:25 AM
I just haven't gotten into ff3 yet :(

It still feels weird.

nekrosoft13
04-28-08, 06:39 AM
operamini is great ;)

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-28-08, 06:44 AM
so Opera Firefox and IE7
wich is best and what differs to the other advantage?

:)

j0j081
04-28-08, 07:00 AM
so Opera Firefox and IE7

I personally like IE7 the most and I have tried the latest releases of both Firefox and Opera. Firefox is good for extensions but despite the claims of it being fast IE7 still seems to load pages quicker for me. Opera feels about the same as IE7 loading wise and the styling is pretty nice so if anything I'd probably go with that over IE.

Q
04-28-08, 07:10 AM
Opera is fantastic. I use Firefox as my primary browser only because of several extensions that I've yet to find suitable replacements for with Opera.

nekrosoft13
04-28-08, 07:15 AM
so Opera Firefox and IE7

i use IE7 on desktop, OperaMini on Windows Mobile device

IE7 does everything i want it to do, plus not the biggest fan of Opera layout on desktop.

Firefox is more of trend, and its been prooven time and time again and its second east secure browser, first being safari.