PDA

View Full Version : what games are DX10 or use DX10?

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-28-08, 01:38 PM
so i might have posted this for nothing but i canīt find anyting about this

so can you post the Dx10 games you know of or games that can be patched to dx10

:)

Thingding
04-28-08, 01:49 PM
I'll go first!

Crysis.. is slower in dx10

hellgate... sucks in dx10

call of juarez is better if you have a mega system

CoH adds about three special effects

jolle
04-28-08, 02:14 PM
Assassins Creed
Gears of War
Lost Planet
Stalker: Clear Sky (not released)

EDIT
There is acctually a sticky about this in the Geforce section:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77741

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-28-08, 02:17 PM
ok i knew there was one somewhere just didnīt find it

yeah in DX9 xp with CCC 1.31 i got 69mx in bench in vista 52 very high dx10 64= yaiks

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-28-08, 02:25 PM
SO
WIC
COH
CRYSIS
Lost Planet
COJ
ASS. CREED

didnīt Supreme commander support dx10 but never got it?

well if thereīs any other dx10 games list them please

or not depending on if this is a pointless thread that is

evox
04-28-08, 02:58 PM
Currently available titles that support DX10 render path:

Crysis (Native)
Company of Heroes (Patched)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Native)
Call of Juarez (Patched)
World in Conflict (Native)
Gears of War (Native)
BioShock (Native)
Half Life 2: Episode 2 (Native, optimisation purposes only)
Hellgate: London (Native)

poullos
04-28-08, 04:10 PM
HL 2 Ep 2 does not support DX10 technology. They use additional hardware power available on DX10 cards. ;)

crainger
04-28-08, 04:44 PM
They should just forget DX10, move onto DX11.

SH64
04-28-08, 04:52 PM
PT Boats uses DX10 :o

ClosetFanBoy
04-28-08, 05:59 PM
I guess Carmack was wrong when he said it's taken them 10 versions to get it right...

They'll find some way to salvage it. DX10c z or something.

SeriTonin
04-28-08, 06:51 PM
They should just forget DX10, move onto DX11.

+1

Logical
04-28-08, 07:29 PM
Fact is none of these games have been built ground up with DX10. So there's no point moving onto DX11 if nothing has been developed using DX10.....imo get rid of dx9 and use just dx10. Oh wait that wont happen because it means extra programming for developers and as a result the finished product would be too graphically demanding that they wouldnt be able to put it on a console.

You can slap a Porsche badge on a ford but it will still be a ford. :/

evox
04-29-08, 12:38 AM
HL 2 Ep 2 does not support DX10 technology. They use additional hardware power available on DX10 cards. ;)
EP2 supports and uses DirectX10 but for optimisations purposes only as revealed by Newell in an interview.

poullos
04-29-08, 03:01 AM
EP2 supports and uses DirectX10 but for optimisations purposes only as revealed by Newell in an interview.

I don't think so because then you wouldn't be able to get the same results with a non-DX10 card, which you can do.

omzig
04-29-08, 03:51 AM
FSX has a tacked on DX10 preview but its not what was promised or eluded to by M$'s artistic impression.....

FSX DX10 he reality vs the dream...

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/01/71/17146_FSXD9D10Bullshot_normal.jpg

infact M$ are still using the artistic impresion to try and sell vista!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/directx.mspx

Infact FSX's DX10 render is still broken even though its been over 6 month since it was released and the whole game has been abandoned by the dev's....There Zclipping problems on run & taxi ways,flashing water shaders and a whole other host of problems...we cant work out if Nv's ****ty DX10 (for anything thats not crysis or a benchmark) drivers are to blame or if its just down to Aces(there a first party M$ dev team)incompetence either way its just one more DX10 FAIL

evox
04-29-08, 04:30 AM
I don't think so because then you wouldn't be able to get the same results with a non-DX10 card, which you can do.
As I said, I'm simply repeating the things Newell said. Whether people believe it or not is another thing. Google it, you'll find the interview.

evox
04-29-08, 04:34 AM
FSX has a tacked on DX10 preview but its not what was promised or eluded to by M$'s artistic impression.....

FSX DX10 he reality vs the dream...

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/01/71/17146_FSXD9D10Bullshot_normal.jpg

infact M$ are still using the artistic impresion to try and sell vista!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/directx.mspx

Infact FSX's DX10 render is still broken even though its been over 6 month since it was released and the whole game has been abandoned by the dev's....There Zclipping problems on run & taxi ways,flashing water shaders and a whole other host of problems...we cant work out if Nv's ****ty DX10 (for anything thats not crysis or a benchmark) drivers are to blame or if its just down to Aces(there a first party M$ dev team)incompetence either way its just one more DX10 FAIL]

Can you please stop using the dollar sign? We understand your hatred, but that's juvenile.

It's not really DX10's fault, DX10 won't automatically insert itself into engines. Game developers just don't see the benefit it in using it. (since everyone is too focused on PS3/X360, neither of them support DX10 or have hardware to push the pixels) DX10's failure can be attributed to bad timing rather than faults on the renderer itself. Though I do agree with it being immature point; but again, not many adoptions, just not enough tweaking. Unless DX10's adoption and implantation rate picks-up, DirectX 11 will be ignored from the get-go.

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-29-08, 04:52 AM
some of you said that hellgate london was no good due to it being plain out bad in dx 10 but it git recently a huge patch does it correct any of that perhaps?

there is no patch or will be to make SUPCOM DX10?

nekrosoft13
04-29-08, 06:16 AM
Universe at War also has dx10 support, very basic one

killahsin
04-29-08, 07:23 AM
dx11 will be more intially used then dx10 was. but a full featured dx 10 game can do some sick looking effects. Look at stalker clear sky

tjohn
04-29-08, 07:54 AM
Lost Planet is 10000x's better with DX10! Really nice!

COJ looks good but I can't max out! Even oc'ing my gts :(

mcolbourn
04-29-08, 08:17 AM
Lord of the Rings Online has a option for DX10

omzig
04-29-08, 01:16 PM
]

Can you please stop using the dollar sign? We understand your hatred, but that's juvenile.

It's not really DX10's fault, DX10 won't automatically insert itself into engines. Game developers just don't see the benefit it in using it. (since everyone is too focused on PS3/X360, neither of them support DX10 or have hardware to push the pixels) DX10's failure can be attributed to bad timing rather than faults on the renderer itself. Though I do agree with it being immature point; but again, not many adoptions, just not enough tweaking. Unless DX10's adoption and implantation rate picks-up, DirectX 11 will be ignored from the get-go.

I dont really think you understand my beef with M$ as far as DX10 FSX is concerned so i'll try and lay it out for you without being to roundabout with about...

FSX was pimpped by both M$ and Aces(there a first party M$ dev team)as a defacto DX10 title that would really show how great and powerfull DX10 was and how it would make your jaw drop(see above Dream render)at stellar FPS

Naturally on hearing/seeing this many ppl in the FS community went out and purchased expensive DX10 hardware & vista....Only to be told a little while later that FSX would only be DX9 at launch but there where still working hard on DX10 & nodout it's gonna rock your world and they'ed get it into an SP later on...FSX SP1 came with a great speed improvement(but only for dualcore users)but still no DX10....months later Aces dev team try to dampdown the expectations they and M$'$ BS marketing team had created for FSX DX10...a few months after that we get a few random Screenshots showing almost no diffrents under DX10 but a 20% boost in frame rate whoo...a few months on from that we get SP2 and now DX10 is classed as preview only mode!

yes you guest it they pretty much removed all the features they'ed promised/allunded to and
replaced them with some hacked in DX10 effects (a few of which are still broken 6 months on from release)then abbandond FSX to work on FSXI where DX10 would really rock....

So M$ and Aces cost me a about Ģ500 in hardware and software i didnt really need & in the end i got a slower OS and a %15-20 speed boost in FSX(thats about 2-3 fps btw)under a broken DX10 renderer(just checkout the FSX thread here fror more details)...

So yes you can see im a bit pissed off with M$/Aces

BTW if you dont like the M$ plz add me to your ban list because untill those ****ers start giving me value for money and start dilivering on the things they promised im going to contiune to complain & take the piss out of them..mmmkay

evox
04-29-08, 01:32 PM
I dont really think you understand my beef with M$ as far as DX10 FSX is concerned so i'll try and lay it out for you without being to roundabout with about...

FSX was pimpped by both M$ and Aces(there a first party M$ dev team)as a defacto DX10 title that would really show how great and powerfull DX10 was and how it would make your jaw drop(see above Dream render)at stellar FPS

Naturally on hearing/seeing this many ppl in the FS community went out and purchased expensive DX10 hardware & vista....Only to be told a little while later that FSX would only be DX9 at launch but there where still working hard on DX10 & nodout it's gonna rock your world and they'ed get it into an SP later on...FSX SP1 came with a great speed improvement(but only for dualcore users)but still no DX10....months later Aces dev team try to dampdown the expectations they and M$'$ BS marketing team had created for FSX DX10...a few months after that we get a few random Screenshots showing almost no diffrents under DX10 but a 20% boost in frame rate whoo...a few months on from that we get SP2 and now DX10 is classed as preview only mode!

yes you guest it they pretty much removed all the features they'ed promised/allunded to and
replaced them with some hacked in DX10 effects (a few of which are still broken 6 months on from release)then abbandond FSX to work on FSXI where DX10 would really rock....

So M$ and Aces cost me a about Ģ500 in hardware and software i didnt really need & in the end i got a slower OS and a %15-20 speed boost in FSX(thats about 2-3 fps btw)under a broken DX10 renderer(just checkout the FSX thread here fror more details)...

So yes you can see im a bit pissed off with M$/Aces

BTW if you dont like the M$ plz add me to your ban list because untill those ****ers start giving me value for money and start dilivering on the things they promised im going to contiune to complain & take the piss out of them..mmmkay

I wish I could sympathize with your situation, but I don't. You were foolish enough to believe what PR/Devs said without reading reviews or some actual user feedback, what did you expect? Now obviously, It's also Microsoft's and the dev's fault as they incorrectly promoted it, but when was the last time a company was honest about it's products, especially in a cut-throat industry like IT/Games.

Take any Game/Tech PR for example, they define the said product as the best thing since sliced bread, but ofcourse, in reality, things are always different. Not to mention being the first DX10 game, optimisation or stellar performance was obviously impossible (or very hard) to implement. I would like to state that I'm by no means defending the poor marketing or performance of DX10, but really, one should be smart enough to separate FUD from actual facts.....

Your complains against Microsoft or referring them as "M$" won't make a lick of difference. Why? look around, how many games are designed ground-up for DX10? Hell, even Crysis isn't true DX10. For the API to mature, it needs to be widely adopted and optimised. DX10 is slowly getting better, ofcourse it can go a lot faster but developers aren't interested in doing [implementing] so because of financial burden and development time. And really, I don't blame the devs; it's just too costly and the the turnover is never that good.