PDA

View Full Version : Company of Heroes swearing etc.

[EOCF] Tim
04-28-08, 07:02 PM
I'm fedup with all the swearing in it, move the F out this and that, is there anyway to actually turn it off, like in a cfg, or ini file?

Yes I actually really want to play it without swearing, so please leave any unnecessary comments out.

Thanks. :)

mojoman0
04-28-08, 07:49 PM
mwahahah...that last comment might be bait...but anyways, your best bet may be to look online for some kind of mod that someone with your desire already made.

crainger
04-28-08, 08:13 PM
It's a mature game through and through. Not much you can do, maybe turn down voices?

Maybe try Dawn of War instead.

Zapablast05
04-28-08, 09:33 PM
Play with sound off.

darrenj
04-29-08, 11:15 AM
yOUR F*******g kidding right.
With a game which has levels of destruction and violence from above your worried about the swearing. Priorities man
"AHHHH AHHHH DAAAARRRN IT he blew my leg off!!""

Gaco
04-29-08, 01:44 PM
Blasting people to bits and peaces, blood and gore and the horrors of war fully realized is cool but swearing? No waaai!!!11

Get a grib. Let the religious dogmas go. The swearing in Company of Heroes fits the game 100% IMO (there only swear in about 10% of the dialogue in my experience) and is not overdone at all. It's not that I wanna be rude i just don't understand it at all. I mean not in my wildest dirtiest fantasies involving crainger in latex, cpt. picard in hiking outfit and me fighting neo nazist alien mutant offsprings in World War 3 on a hike in south africa can I follow this line of thinking. I'm totally puzzled.
Sorry delte this post, ban me, whatever, I just had to let that go..

BTW I've played CoH ~ 8 hours pr. week average the last 1 years it has been out :)

BronzeGod
04-29-08, 02:35 PM
LOL. When is the CHRISTIAN version of Doom 3 coming out guys? :udawg:

3DBrad
04-29-08, 02:39 PM
I wish some of you would grow up.

Not everyone in the military curses, even in the heat of battle. The orignal poster asked a question that didn't require any of your childish responses.

As for Company of Heroes, if I remember correctly, you can turn the voices off. ;)

Armed_Baboon
04-29-08, 06:35 PM
I wish some of you would grow up.

Not everyone in the military curses, even in the heat of battle.

umm, no, but they are all trained to kill people.

crainger
04-29-08, 07:57 PM
Maybe he has kids around and doesn't want to play with headphones?

CaptNKILL
04-29-08, 08:10 PM
:werd:

3DBrad
04-29-08, 08:40 PM
umm, no, but they are all trained to kill people.

That's called war, nothing wrong with it.

crainger
04-29-08, 08:47 PM
War. It's fantastic!

3DBrad
04-29-08, 09:06 PM
War. It's fantastic!

No, just necessary in this world.

lognoronon
04-29-08, 09:07 PM
I was active duty army for 6 years and heard swearing left and right /shrug lol.

fugu_fish
04-30-08, 11:59 AM
Tim']I'm fedup with all the swearing in it, move the F out this and that, is there anyway to actually turn it off, like in a cfg, or ini file?

Yes I actually really want to play it without swearing, so please leave any unnecessary comments out.

Thanks. :)

Every time someone asks this question they are inevitably flamed for wanting to turn the gratuitous profanity off. Because it's a "war" game and we should expect engineers throwing f-bombs while building sandbags.

The answer is no, unless you turn voices completely off.

NarcissistZero
04-30-08, 12:10 PM

I would be much more worried about them hearing explosions and seeing blood and gore.

CaptNKILL
04-30-08, 12:26 PM
War. It's fantastic!
What is that from? There is a death metal song that starts with that sound clip... :p

EDIT: Nevermind. http://www.moviequotes.com/fullquote.cgi?qnum=77998

3DBrad
04-30-08, 12:30 PM
Company of Heroes isn't that gory from what I have seen, as you're way up in the air most of the time. The game looks great, though. Gearbox did a great job on that, as expected. :)

Thankfully, apparently the new Brothers in Arms will have a language filter. :)