PDA

View Full Version : The Half Life Story

Mr Bigman
04-29-08, 06:01 PM
I was wondering since it was mentioned awhile back that Black Mesa was nuked.

Why was BM nuked? Couldn't they written it off in a different way leaving story tellers to reopen BM lateron for future stoylines?

I know from what i read that it was done by the Gman and government but why was it nuked?

I hear also that their is a project out called Black Mesa source but don't have much on it but will it be a walk thorough of black mesa or is it just parts of the compound?

crainger
04-29-08, 06:05 PM
They nuked it to try and stop the invasion and to remove all evidence of what was going on there. I doubt they would leave intact just as a Bigman's playground. They have Chernobyl for that.

Black Mesa Source is the remake of the ENTIRE Half Life game in the new Source Engine. It will have upgraded textures, models, perhaps even sounds and level tweaks.

NaitoSan
04-29-08, 06:55 PM
Bigman, wait for HL2: EP3. They'll probably explain what exactly happened to Black Mesa.

grey_1
04-29-08, 06:58 PM
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Mr Bigman
04-29-08, 07:08 PM
They make it sound like the projects at Black Messa were dishonest, immoral and bad.

Its a research facility with all the sciences involved and an experiment went wrong in one section.

They made it out as if the whole Black Messa was up to something that needed to be kept secret so boom, they get nuked destoying anything in that facility.

But in HL2, the nuke didn't effect anything cuz the creatures were already invading places like City17 and the lost coast. so it wasn't effective destoying Black Messsa.

nutcrackr
04-29-08, 07:19 PM
I thought the combine brought the creature sin HL2.

ClosetFanBoy
04-29-08, 08:08 PM
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

That looks so cool. I cant begin to say how many times I played through the original Half Life when it first came out. Seemed so huge. Would be cool to take a stroll down an updated memory lane. Prolly play through it another 50 freaking times. Maybe they can be pestered into doing OpFor and Blueshift too. :D

So, you think we'll see a console port? :p

CDE_1246
04-29-08, 08:34 PM
They make it sound like the projects at Black Messa were dishonest, immoral and bad.

Its a research facility with all the sciences involved and an experiment went wrong in one section.

They made it out as if the whole Black Messa was up to something that needed to be kept secret so boom, they get nuked destoying anything in that facility.

But in HL2, the nuke didn't effect anything cuz the creatures were already invading places like City17 and the lost coast. so it wasn't effective destoying Black Messsa.

They couldn't let the public know that they had aliens from another universe in artificial eco systems and teleportation and other stuff. I mean that would be pretty bad just think. They had to cover all that up.

crainger
04-29-08, 08:55 PM
ROFL

Black Mesa is a-ok with The Bigman.

What exactly is bad, dishonest and immoral with you vim?

Noriega
04-29-08, 10:30 PM
OT any news about Valve next game?

Armed_Baboon
04-29-08, 11:30 PM
*yawn*

Sazar
04-29-08, 11:47 PM
OT any news about Valve next game?

Hot update JUST for you.

When it's done, give or take a year or two.

Dragunov
04-30-08, 07:49 AM

The big invasion began when u launched those rocket in HL1, that opened a portal in space

Burnt_Ram
04-30-08, 09:10 AM
i have wanted to play HL1, but the graphcs are too dated now. so i have really wanted Black Mesa to see the light of day, but i see on their main page the last update was in december? is it a dead mod?

LordJuanlo
04-30-08, 10:53 AM
I'm impatiently waiting for Black Mesa Source because it will allow to play the entire campaing in coop

trivium nate
04-30-08, 11:07 AM
i cant wait for black mesa source i never beat hl source....

bob saget
04-30-08, 05:46 PM
@Mr Bigman

http://members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/

interesting read, thanks.