PDA

View Full Version : 360 to ps3

Dreamingawake
04-30-08, 12:32 PM
sold my 360 elite..

got a ps3.

very happy with the decision. the system feels more responsive, and sleek.

Blue ray is nice, and while they're both powerful I feel like the ps3 has the edge over
the 360.

the only thing is i don't have any games yet.

what should i get ?

ViN86
04-30-08, 12:51 PM
sold my 360 elite..

got a ps3.

very happy with the decision. the system feels more responsive, and sleek.

Blue ray is nice, and while they're both powerful I feel like the ps3 has the edge over
the 360.

what should i get ?
so, what exactly is more responsive? :confused:

i mean, it is a gaming system, isnt it?

Q
04-30-08, 12:54 PM
so, what exactly is more responsive? :confused:

i mean, it is a gaming system, isnt it?

The desktop is snappier. Word loads in half the time.

Gaco
04-30-08, 03:28 PM
More responsive? I call BS on that :p. I've got both systems and they're equally responsive except perhaps in the pop-up menu (ring or PS botton respectively). But that is a really minor difference.

But yeah Blu-ray is really nice, so is the fact that the system is silent and it even has the powersupply internally, plus the online service is free (though not quite on par with XBL.. yet at least). You should get uncharted and wait a couple of months for MGS4 :)

npras42
04-30-08, 04:28 PM
Actually I find the 360 really slow to change or load your gamer profile, so it is a little more responsive in that sense. Otherwise I lol at the OP.

|MaguS|
04-30-08, 04:33 PM
The OP is jst flamebait...

crainger
04-30-08, 05:49 PM
Maybe he means the new store. For me the new store is much faster than Marketplace and PSN has always been fast.

Other than that, pop in a game and both look and feel the same.

Dreamingawake
04-30-08, 07:33 PM
hehe didn't think my post would be picked apart and analyzed :P but i think what i meant by more responsive is yeah the menu system and loading games ect.. i don't know if it's just the games i've been playing but so far the graphics appear a little better than the xbox360. i know i know i probably shouldn't say that, but i just love getting a reaction out of some of you :P

|MaguS|
04-30-08, 07:35 PM
What games have you played?

3DBrad
04-30-08, 08:53 PM
Uncharted, pretty much the only singleplayer I have ever wanted to play again and again besides the Call of Duty series.

ViN86
04-30-08, 09:58 PM
hehe didn't think my post would be picked apart and analyzed :P but i think what i meant by more responsive is yeah the menu system and loading games ect.. i don't know if it's just the games i've been playing but so far the graphics appear a little better than the xbox360. i know i know i probably shouldn't say that, but i just love getting a reaction out of some of you :P
i dont really care what you say about 360, but saying PS3 is more responsive when you dont even have any games is like saying your video card is faster without playing any games or running benchies. :headexplode:

3DBrad
04-30-08, 10:02 PM
Well, the PS3 is built better, but on the 360's side, it has more games, and most games run better on it.

I have a PS3, and would have a 360 still if I didn't have to return it every week or two. :p

Peoples-Agent
05-01-08, 12:20 AM
Well, the PS3 is built better, but on the 360's side, it has more games, and most games run better on it.

I have a PS3, and would have a 360 still if I didn't have to return it every week or two. :p

People still using that excuse eh, well the newer builds aren't like that. lol

crainger
05-01-08, 01:34 AM
Yes they are.

Lyme
05-01-08, 03:00 AM

what should i get ?

A ps2, it has tons of cheap games.

:captnkill:

Bah!
05-01-08, 03:29 AM
i dont really care what you say about 360, but saying PS3 is more responsive when you dont even have any games is like saying your video card is faster without playing any games or running benchies. :headexplode:

Yeah, except for the fact that he didn't say he never played any games on it, he said he didn't have (i.e. own) any.

Apparently, whats old is new again, because the 360 still has the same problems. Maybe one day they will get around to fixing them, who knows?

To the OP, it really depends on what kinds of games you like. Just picking out various genres i'd say the following are worth checking out:

Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
GT5 Prolouge
Heavenly Sword
Resistance: FoM

And then there are quite a few cross platform games like CoD4, DMC4, The Darkness, ect. but if you had an Xbox you probably played them already. And, yes, i agree, as far as hardware is concerned the PS3 is built like a luxury car and the 360 like a tri-cycle.

sytaylor
05-01-08, 07:24 AM

I bought my 360 from Ebay in late 2006 with a good games bundle (so its a pretty early system), and its not given me any problems.

Dreamingawake
05-01-08, 10:38 AM

lol yeah exactly it would be pretty foolish to do that wouldn't it ?

i rented some games and movies, and downloaded a whackload of demos.

did you really think i just sat staring at the GUI going.. :D wwwooooooaaahhhh.... :p