PDA

View Full Version : Dell 2707 question

10pmstalker
04-30-08, 05:41 PM
ok guys I had my Dell 2707 for a while now, I started downloading HD movies and I am not noticing much of a difference from regular DVD or xvid. Would getting an HDMI cable help this? I have a GeForce 8800GT also.. dont know much about this stuff, thanks.

mythy
04-30-08, 08:47 PM
are you sure they are Really in HD format? And is your monitor running the proper ressolution for your display? THere is a HUGE difference between HD and NTSC and a HDMI cable wont help if your useing a DVI now :p

10pmstalker
04-30-08, 08:51 PM
I just looked into my video card I guess it dosent have HDMI either does my 2707. What would be the best way to get the very best picture?

stevemedes
04-30-08, 09:08 PM
the higher quality the source the higher quality the image will be.

10pmstalker
04-30-08, 09:29 PM
so should I upgrade cables? If so could you maybe point some out, thanks alot

stevemedes
04-30-08, 09:34 PM
so should I upgrade cables? If so could you maybe point some out, thanks alot

as long as your running DVI you should be good
search for microsoft hd video samples and dl them and let us know how they look. make sure you run in windows media player, right click and make sure fit player to video is checked.

10pmstalker
04-30-08, 09:58 PM
I do have a few HD movie files. I used to play them in Core media player.. Just played the same movie in Core and WMP at the same time, not much video diff but the sound on WMP was alot better. Is WMP the very best for playing these files?

stevemedes
04-30-08, 10:15 PM
I do have a few HD movie files. I used to play them in Core media player.. Just played the same movie in Core and WMP at the same time, not much video diff but the sound on WMP was alot better. Is WMP the very best for playing these files?

VLC media player is damn good for playing just about anything. if you want to play a blue ray or
hddvd disk u need something like cyberlink powerdvd.

10pmstalker
04-30-08, 10:21 PM
cool thanks for all your help