PDA

View Full Version : Please post here if you started S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but never finished

Pages : [1] 2

eXeraZoR
05-03-08, 05:58 PM
I think that this game is NO 1 on the list of games: STARTED BUT NEVER FINISHED

I never had such a game i tried so many times but never couldnt get warm with it.
Its so a cool story and everything....Like getting always more near to the Reactor.
But as much as this game interests me it gets such boring, but not boring in the way that the game is bad. I dont know why.....

I bought this game 1 time, then selled it...then bought again after realized that stalker clear sky is coming......and again now it is here in front of me but better i dont sell it again :-)
But i know that i will never try it again...I tried so many times....
And how can it be that i play half life 2 and condemned 1 on HARD without problem but stalker at NOVICE is to hard for me. I know this is not a shooter but in some way this game is really strange. I still love it :-)

Maybe i buy CLEAR SKY but same problems as with original stalker :-)
Oh and i must say that i play every game and i am not the kind of person who buys much and sells much without getting warm with it.

Why is this so strange with STALKER?
please post here if you have similiar experiences :-)

|MaguS|
05-03-08, 06:06 PM
Did the second mission and never went any further... just for bored.

SeriTonin
05-03-08, 06:10 PM
Same here, ran across that field, shot guys in that broken down building...went back to the guy underground, went meh. Uninstalled, never looked back. No intentions of buying the next installment. Just couldn't get into it. Hated the style. It was in fp, it wasn't an "fps".

kev13dd
05-03-08, 06:12 PM
Posted

K

Igor01
05-03-08, 06:14 PM
+1

iron99
05-03-08, 06:33 PM
Seems I can't post how I think the game Stalker was the very best FPS that I ever finished.........opps.....I did! My mistake, Damn :).

Noriega
05-03-08, 06:33 PM
this game is not for casual, ignorant or narrow minded people for sure

iron99 you can this game got 7 endings did you finish game 7 times ; p ?

BTW 7 endings, fractions, side missions, non linear gameplay and mods and you can play months. But its too complicated for typical player that needs autoaim, linear gameplay, easy AI, no choices and sofa cause cause he's fu*** to fat to seat on the front of his deck ; /

nutcrackr
05-03-08, 06:37 PM
I only finished it twice, probably my third best game of 2007. Although I have to say the ending wasn't good as the first 2/3rds

nekrosoft13
05-03-08, 07:07 PM
this game is not for casual, ignorant or narrow minded people for sure

that explains few post ;)

ClosetFanBoy
05-03-08, 07:16 PM
Man I tried numerous times to get into this game. Thought maybe letting it sit on the shelf for awhile would help... I dont know why but Chia Pet always comes to mind with this game. Visually stunning moments here and there. Good creepy factor now and then. But the whole caring and nurturing thing, not my cup of tea. But hey, I'm just a simpleton. :)

LycosV
05-03-08, 08:09 PM
I played through the game but only once. The ending was "WTF!" enough that I wasn't going to play through again just to get another crazy ending.

bob saget
05-04-08, 02:22 AM
i got to the last level, then the radiation kills me. I restarted twice, but always run out of steam. I think its a totaly beautiful game, and i love the action. would definetly buy the next one.

K007
05-04-08, 02:40 AM
i got to the last level, then the radiation kills me. I restarted twice, but always run out of steam. I think its a totaly beautiful game, and i love the action. would definetly buy the next one.

Yea i am about where u are, probably a bit further...but never had the chance to really go back to it.

The game looks amazing. I would say that STALKER was more immersive than Crysis for me..

HiCZoK4
05-04-08, 02:48 AM
I made it to the wish granter but as far as I known it isnt the real ending so I post here

bob saget
05-04-08, 03:04 AM
well, thats an ending, means you finished it :D

yea, i got all the items needed for the good ending, but just when you get into the reactor i believe, the massive radiation just rapes me :( i was pretty satisfied with the game though up to that point, and the fact they spoke russian was an awesome bonus

HiCZoK4
05-04-08, 03:20 AM
well, thats an ending, means you finished it :D

yea, i got all the items needed for the good ending, but just when you get into the reactor i believe, the massive radiation just rapes me :( i was pretty satisfied with the game though up to that point, and the fact they spoke russian was an awesome bonus
Yeah radiation was killing me too :D I did like sprinted to the wish granter eating everything I had. And to get to him faster I dropped my armor ,jumped onto it and with 1% of health clicked use on this biatch !!!:D

nutcrackr
05-04-08, 04:12 AM
wish granter is an ending, albeit a bad one. There is more gameplay and much more story after the wish granter.

evox
05-04-08, 06:39 AM
Played for a bit, too hard. Then I reinstalled windows, then reinstalled the game. Never played since.

asd
05-04-08, 06:54 AM
This game is for non casual gamers, some of you think it's too hard for you is because the game require some skills to kill an enemy, especially at the early stage where you don't even have an AK74 on your hand, find cover and control your shot are important to survive in this game, moreover, it require you to think what items do you need on your trip, because carrying too much weapons and ammo means less medkit and food.

I myself finished the game 2 times, the wish granter one and the real ending.

Greg
05-04-08, 06:55 AM
Encountered a crash bug at the 2nd last zone. Later patch says it is fixed but I can't be bothered completing the game.

As you say, boring but strangely compeling, just not enough so. Enemies respawning nearby was off-puting, graphics were very nice.

Crow_Nest
05-04-08, 07:15 AM
The game is challenging when you start out, its not your everyday FPS where you can just run about and gun people down. In stalker its kinda like brothers in arms where you gotta be a little more patient and dont rush things. If you keep at it, you'll find stalker is a pretty interesting game. I didnt like the game when i initally played it as well, i was glad i didnt give up.

Beat the game twice last year. Now im replaying the game and i dont intend to finish it.

Logical
05-04-08, 08:24 AM
Encountered a crash bug at the 2nd last zone. Later patch says it is fixed but I can't be bothered completing the game.

As you say, boring but strangely compeling, just not enough so. Enemies respawning nearby was off-puting, graphics were very nice.

The save game bug was enough to put me off this game.....i went through the first level that many times i just couldnt be bothered to do it again when the patch was released.

Retrolock
05-04-08, 08:29 AM
Stalker is a great game, one of the the true original PC fps. That said, I finished it but I got the wish granter ending, which is a bad one.

npras42
05-04-08, 09:44 AM
I found it a little buggy and I could never work out where people were shooting me from so didn't get far. It looked really cool and interesting but just not my thing I guess, which is odd because the premise of the game sounds just like my kinda thing.

Bearclaw
05-04-08, 10:44 AM
I started and just roamed around for a while. Never finished, never came even close.