PDA

View Full Version : Mx700 Woes

Pages : [1] 2

Maximumdreads
05-05-03, 05:11 AM
Hello again everyone!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo, or what some stupid radio station here in L.A Cali is calling it DRINCO de MAYO! (pendejos!!)

Is anyone else having problems with their MX700 cordless?
i noticed that when playing on line it's not as smooth as when playing single players or running progs, will a one of those optical pads help, like Rat padz...? i'm not using anything other than my desk top for mouse surface now.

MaximimDreads.

5/11
Thanx everybody for the awesome feedback! : ) I just Order the Ratpadz and it should be here by Wed 5/14 thanx for the links hope it's as good as what i've read but we'll see!? i'll post back after some serious testing ; ) thanx again everyone, you phuqerz are awesome!!:D

vampireuk
05-05-03, 10:42 AM
If your desk has a kind of reflective surface like varnished wood then it wont work too well. I just stuck a large brown envelope under mine and its working perfectly:)

The Baron
05-05-03, 03:51 PM
Mine was acting kinda funky last night, but I think it was a mixture of low batteries and desperately needing a reboot.

Riptide
05-05-03, 05:24 PM
What a coincidence. I noticed my mx700 was acting up last night. It would get real choppy and start "sticking", almost like the CPU was pegged and the system was sucking wind trying to keep up with my mouse movements.

I stuck it on the cradle for about 15 minutes and the problem went away. Morale of the story? Don't leave it off the cradle overnight, use it all day the next day, and then expect it to work perfectly that following evening. :rolleyes:

The Baron
05-05-03, 05:38 PM
Actually, mine was still acting up after I recharged the batteries. I reinstalled the drivers. Same thing. Cleaned the mouse pad. Same thing. Cleaned the lens. Same thing.

I moved the base three inches farther away from my computer. Problem solved. :D

vampireuk
05-05-03, 06:02 PM
You can tell when the batteries are running low, it stutters around. And when playing the last leve against Unreal 2 against the mutated thing it sucks having the batteries run out:D

LORD-eX-Bu
05-06-03, 02:12 AM
mines works perfect:D

only prob is that I scratched the back:lol:

eh, so... anyone figured out how to map the extra buttons in games?:confused:

Greg
05-06-03, 04:46 AM
Some good info here:

http://www.earthv.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=703#comments

After the review are over 500 comments.

Cutter
05-06-03, 06:13 PM
I was having problems with mine intermittently, but I found it was due to my Nextel phone being too close to it. Apparently, something about the 2-way radio signal doesn't like the mouse...

:angel2:

LiquidX
05-08-03, 07:42 AM
The MX700 is evil......traded it for a 500 months back.

saturnotaku
05-08-03, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Cutter
Apparently, something about the 2-way radio signal doesn't like the mouse...

I've noticed the 2-way radio signal interferes with a lot of things. The radio in my dad's car, some TV audio, etc. Kinda makes me glad I'm ditching Nextel at the end of this month.

LORD-eX-Bu
05-08-03, 10:30 AM
you makin' sure you got it like 8 inches away from your speakers, case, and monitor?

otherwise it will be stuttering like crazy:D

nVidi0t
05-10-03, 05:34 PM
No one should be without an MX 500 and a Ratpadz GS.

Wireless.. pfft.

The Baron
05-10-03, 07:06 PM
Ratpadz?

Mousepad?

Bah. I'll kick your ass in UT2k3 using nothing but wood. Erm.. you know what I mean.

LiquidX
05-10-03, 08:01 PM
I have to say I bought the Ratpadz GS after all the rave about it....but I personally think my Belkin $2.99 pad is much better.

vampireuk
05-10-03, 08:48 PM
hell a 10p brown envelope is doing the job for me:cool:

nVidi0t
05-11-03, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Ratpadz?

Mousepad?

Bah. I'll kick your ass in UT2k3 using nothing but wood. Erm.. you know what I mean.

lol

check it out :)

http://www.ratpadz.com

Combine an MX500 and mouse skates and use this pad, basically 0 friction.

Riptide
05-11-03, 08:08 AM
I guess I'm not really sold on the idea that 0 friction is necessarily the holy grail.

But, for $14.99 @ newegg I figured WTF eh? So, I'll try out one.

No way am I going to an MX500 though.

nVidi0t
05-11-03, 10:10 AM
Well I have tried loads of different surfaces, and the Ratpad is really the best.

It may feel rough with your MX700 at first but it has a 2 day run in time, where your mouse skates and ratpad will wear in.

Tell me how it goes.

vampireuk
05-16-03, 02:20 PM
Well the charging base for mine is not working now. I stick the mouse in and the led doesnt flash like it normally does:mad:

nVidi0t
05-16-03, 02:54 PM
Check the contacts? Or time to return it :(

Maximumdreads
05-16-03, 04:08 PM
Hello again everyone:)

Well i've had th ratpadz for two days now and after two days(right on the money NVIDIOT) it feels smoooth as zzilk, big big diference i recomend this pad to anyone with the same problem i was having and for $10 bucks it's a bargain, i was having second thoughts on the MX700 no more:dance:

thanx for all the help, i'm a very happy camper

Maximumdreads

nVidi0t
05-16-03, 04:15 PM
No problem :)

Riptide
05-17-03, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
Well I have tried loads of different surfaces, and the Ratpad is really the best.

It may feel rough with your MX700 at first but it has a 2 day run in time, where your mouse skates and ratpad will wear in.

Tell me how it goes.

Well, I've been using it for a few days now...

And I'm sold. It's a larger surface than a typical $10 pad, has a nice smooth feel to it, and holds onto the surface of the desk nicely.

Thanks for the recommendation. @ $14.99 from newegg, it's worth it. Would it be worth $50 to me? No, but at the newegg price it's definitely worth the investment. :D

The Baron
05-17-03, 10:29 AM
If I ever get a bigger flibblin' table without a little dip about 4 inches to the right of where I have my mouse (and you wonder why I have super-high sensitivity), I might grab one. But until then... not worth it.