PDA

View Full Version : What is this? 0xA stop code

Technoholic
05-06-08, 01:50 AM
What the....

Since before today, my computer was running absolutely fine. But until today, when I napped and I awoke to my computer stuck in the bios stating the overclocking failed. I had assumed that my computer had shut down unexpectedly which was unusual.

But then I came across and I couldn't stay in windows, I kept getting this code: 0x0000000A including with this since this was the last time I got, (0x00000025, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8244447C). Not only this, but I do get on the top of windows, ircq not less or equal even Memory Management???

I did the google, but I'm not exactly understanding what does this mean.

But when I enter the windows, I do get this window open, suggesting that I needed to download and install Vista service pack 1, so I did and it doesn't even help too. But at the top of the window, it tells me that the responsible of the crash was the nForce's Sata drivers.

Now where do I find that since as far as I know my board is an Intel X38 motherboard? I may be mistakened but I'd appreciate the help.

Thank goodness this is happening now instead of yesterday because I completed my papers and presentations, lol.

xmichaeluk
05-06-08, 04:04 AM
From my own experience, I used to be getting this screen every couple of minutes after very heavy overclock has been applied on the cpu and memory. I have also noticed that VTT voltage was causing the issue, I was forced to downclock it from 1.35 to 1.30, otherwise computer wouldn't boot up. In general, I think it's concerned with overclocking but I might be wrong!

EciDemon
05-06-08, 04:42 AM
Since it's oc, it could very well be the cpu is miss calculating due to too much OC and too little voltage. You might have already upped the voltage and in that case you need to lower your OC untill you find it stable again.

To be perfectly sure you could return to stock and do some stability testings, after that OC again but review your previous settings a bit, something might be on the upper limit, like Ram, or more likeley the southbridge (where the disk controller is located, that would probably cause those windows errors)

My old gf6800 has degraded a bit over time as an example so it's no longer possible to OC it with the speeds I could at first.

Technoholic
05-06-08, 02:04 PM
Apparently, OC is the issue. What could be causing it the issue?

I left my RAM on 1066 (force) at 2.2volt. (When I leave auto on my RAM, it will run 800, but my RAM is 1066.) And I brought down my CPU clock to the stock speed, auto volt. And I have been on computer for more than 10-15 minutes.

If I open another browser, open WinAmp and play it. Browse some more internet, etc. If I still get the BSOD, what do I do?

Technoholic
05-06-08, 07:14 PM
Ok, the problem persists. Same code, etc. Stock CPU speed, and the RAM is still forced at 1066 @ 2.2v. I had the volt for 1066 at 2.1, the factory is suppose to be at 2.2. I found the CPU Reference or something like that that was still at custom setting, I changed it to AUTO. See what happens from there.

Amuro
05-07-08, 01:14 AM
Apparently, OC is the issue. What could be causing it the issue?

I left my RAM on 1066 (force) at 2.2volt. (When I leave auto on my RAM, it will run 800, but my RAM is 1066.) And I brought down my CPU clock to the stock speed, auto volt. And I have been on computer for more than 10-15 minutes.

If I open another browser, open WinAmp and play it. Browse some more internet, etc. If I still get the BSOD, what do I do?
Your previous OC might have corrupted your OS.

Technoholic
05-07-08, 09:55 AM
Your previous OC might have corrupted your OS.
So it CAN corrupts the OS?

Ya know...it might sound just right. I'm actually more than willing to reformat.

Last night, I also got this code, 0x4E (or E4).

When I got the BSOD for the millionth time, I was also suggested to repair my computer. So I tried that, but it kept restarting, even with Safe Mode before I could even get in Windows Set up or Windows. RAM then? I know RAM is very well known to BSOD. And I also was suggested to contact the system vendor for an update BIOS.

My BIOS was 0802, and I updated to 1201, problem persists anyway.