View Full Version : Haze Demo out in Europe

Pages : [1] 2

Blackcat
05-06-08, 12:20 PM
downloading from america now:captnkill:

christos
05-06-08, 01:14 PM
Impressions anyone?

I just started downloading it a few minutes ago, and to my surprise it's downloading very quick...already > 60%. I'll have it installed in a few minutes.

Peoples-Agent
05-06-08, 01:16 PM
Hope this turns out to be good, need another exclusive for the PS3 just for some variety away from my 360.

christos
05-06-08, 01:21 PM
Installing now. I will give quick graphics/framerate impressions shortly after I try it out for 5 minutes or so. I can't get too much into the gameplay because I'm in the middle of work.

HiCZoK4
05-06-08, 01:26 PM
And to only think that I have purchased 360 last week :D Hope it will be Shhitty game :D

christos
05-06-08, 01:38 PM
Played for about 3 minutes.

Demo has single and multi player options.

Played single player. You start out in the forest/island level that's been shown in videos. Framerate was solid and is at least 30fps...if not 60fps. No vsync issues. No hiccups from my 3 minutes of running and shooting everything in sight.

Graphics wise, I'm undecided in my limited play time. It kinda reminds me of unchartered, but with not as good lighting effects. Textures on the tree trunks seemed abnormally low-res. Other than that though, it's a pretty good looking game from what I saw. I will definitely play through the demo after work,as opposed to my usual which is to delete demos after about 5 minutes of playing.

Marvel_us
05-06-08, 02:03 PM
Demo has 4 player Co-op!

Playing it so far and I'm liking it. Waiting for a friend to download so we can try co-op without people running infront of my gun 24/7.

|MaguS|
05-06-08, 07:55 PM
So compare it to other console FPS titles...

Blackcat
05-06-08, 08:23 PM
single player is interesting...kind of reminds me of GOW meets Uncharted with the jungle thing going. I do wish it had the same cover system, but oh well...I like the whole nectar thing, adds a different element to to this shooter. Graphics are good, runs smooth, good pacing. Overall from what I have seen I would give this game an 8, could be a rental or a buy depending on the final product.

JigenD
05-06-08, 11:20 PM
I tried the demo, the game is as mediocre as I expected. Nothing really interesting about the game to me at all, and it's very ugly bloomy and brown. Skipping for sure now. (Thanks for the demo to help me decide :p )

Destroy
05-06-08, 11:28 PM
I tried the demo, the game is as mediocre as I expected. Nothing really interesting about the game to me at all, and it's very ugly bloomy and brown. Skipping for sure now. (Thanks for the demo to help me decide :p )

Nothing stands out at all in this game? No special abilities or weapons or something? Very sad.

JigenD
05-06-08, 11:49 PM
Nothing stands out at all in this game? No special abilities or weapons or something? Very sad.

Well there's the nectar system, but I don't really like it, and I don't feel it comes close to warranting me buying the game. Otherwise as far as the demo, you have 2 different machine guns that I saw, both incredibly boring, and a pistol...

There's just nothing that excites me in the game at all, nothing above average even.

Mr. Hunt
05-07-08, 12:06 AM
I actually enjoyed it and thought it looked a lot better than I was expecting. The nectar thing is fun. I think the problem is mostly the level didn't have too much... just kind of going through a jungle killing some rebels.

BioHazZarD
05-07-08, 08:35 AM
So was it worth the wait then.. im still downloading this hugeass demo :D

|MaguS|
05-07-08, 11:20 AM
Im liking the game, It's a generic FPS but its fun. The nectar is fun to use, especially when you overdose! It's not the most visually impressive game but it runs smooth no matter what and still looks dam good. The guns have a good sound to them also, not some whimpy pee shooter sound like some games have.

Only complaint I can gather right now is that when your mantel your squad mates sound like college dropouts. Some of their comments are funny but others are just retarded.

Destroy
05-07-08, 12:01 PM
Wow, this game is getting very piss warm feedback. I thought this would be a AAA game but it doesn't sound like it.

|MaguS|
05-07-08, 12:06 PM
It's gonna get the reception that Timesplitters got... will probably get a good review but poor sales. It's too run of the mill to get something better. I wanted it to, trust me but I think they lost all their chance when they told you about your character switching sides... would have been better to keep it a secret.

Peoples-Agent
05-07-08, 12:28 PM
The important thing for me as to whether I buy this game or not, is what are the co-op modes like?

|MaguS|
05-07-08, 12:38 PM
From what I played, AWSOME! I just start a campaign in coop mode alone and people randomly jump in when they want to. So you can play it totally alone or with a friend when they want to join you.

No need to plan out a coop game...

3DBrad
05-07-08, 02:52 PM
I have been predicting this game would be quite boring/bad, so let's see. :p

|MaguS|
05-07-08, 02:54 PM
It's neither boring nor bad... just not AAA quality. It's a good solid shooter.

1337_Like_ThaT
05-07-08, 03:01 PM
It's neither boring nor bad... just not AAA quality. It's a good solid shooter.

So basically another Timeshift then?

BioHazZarD
05-07-08, 03:04 PM
I would say timeshift is a bit better then this, but it says its an incomplete build.. still it was ok to play.

ralinn
05-07-08, 03:46 PM
Bah, well this failed my first test. It failed to hold my attention for more than 5 minutes.

3DBrad
05-07-08, 03:57 PM
It reminds me sort of Turok (but better graphics).

Neat game I suppose, but nothing that is a must-buy.

It looks about as good as Resistance, I guess, just not as good framerate.