PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, very high GPU temp on 7600GT

Mickers
05-08-08, 04:47 PM
Hi Everyone

I was browsing the web earlier on and came across a program called 'Speedfan' that measures the temperatures of your hardware. After instalation i noticed that the GPU temp was about 65-70C so after looking on the net i removed all of the dust from the graphics card fan hoping that this temperature would reduce.

When restarting my pc, the idle temperature has actually increased to between 115C and 125C!! All of the other temperatures are fine.

Ive attached a screenshot of the program (sorry if its crap quality).

Please help!!!!

Mike

Zapablast05
05-08-08, 05:03 PM
Use Everest, Speedfan's readings are wrong.

seeker
05-08-08, 08:04 PM
The program that I use to monitor GPU temp is NVTray. which is free. Speedfan has never shown a temp for GPU at all on my system, and sometimes shows the core temp and other times doesn't. I just use Speedfan to monitor other parameters.

stevemedes
05-08-08, 08:35 PM
i use the ntune monitor. works well, and is sanctioned by NV so its probably relatively accurate.

PlayerZen14
05-09-08, 03:38 AM
i removed all of the dust from the graphics card fan hoping that this temperature would reduce.

When restarting my pc, the idle temperature has actually increased to between 115C and 125C!! All of the other temperatures are fine.

maybe you have really hot hands...:|