PDA

View Full Version : So I am pissed right now.

bacon12
05-08-08, 08:19 PM
Just got these (http://www.trittontechnologies.com/products/TRIUA512.htm) new headphones today. Installed drivers, listened to some music, and it was amazing. At this point I am stoked, and want to play some games.

Ok so I open ventrillo to configue the mic, and no go. I have tried everything but no matter what I do vista 64 will only enable one devise, and all the others are unavailable.

Did some searching and found there are plenty of others with the same issue, and then see the f**kin drivers are a year old and in release candidate 2. Grrrrrr.

Every site I found a review on them raved about how awesome they were. So I boot into XP, and everything works even without the drivers! Damnit. I then install the drivers and software for xp, and there are 2 times the features there that are missing in Vista. Basically the vista drivers are half done.

Don't buy them if you want to use the mic in vista. :thumbdwn:

crainger
05-08-08, 08:38 PM
Same story all over with lesser manufacturers. They did the XP thing ok, but just don't give a toss about Vista. I'm still waiting on Vista driver for my Print Server. ::(:

grey_1
05-08-08, 08:50 PM
That's lousy, but thanks for the heads up. I was looking to get a new set, I'll make sure I research the heck out of everything before I buy.

bacon12
05-08-08, 09:04 PM
It's a shame too, I don't know if any of you have ever owned any 5.1 rumble earphones before, but these things rock. Just played a few rounds, and I was totally immersed in sound.

I hope I can find some hacked drivers that will work. I am going to try to find cmedia drivers for vista and try them. These from triton even had really simple typos in the gui, so I can just imagine how sloppy the code must be.