PDA

View Full Version : Is Elsa out of business?

Anlushac11
05-05-03, 03:09 PM
I have been looking for a decent 1/2 height AGP card for my LAN party system.

While browsing the other day I found a Elsa 628LP that was a GF4ti 4200-64mb DDR and supports 8x AGP.

Anyone know where I can find this card?

Matthyahuw
05-05-03, 03:23 PM
ELSA pulled out of North America...

Unit01
05-05-03, 03:26 PM
http://www.elsa.com/
http://www.elsa.com/products/computergraphics/

Anlushac11
05-05-03, 03:38 PM
The card is a Elsa GLADIAC 628LP

saturnotaku
05-05-03, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Anlushac11
The card is a Elsa GLADIAC 628LP

Soooooooo.......what? :confused: You already mentioned this in your first post.

Anlushac11
05-06-03, 01:18 AM
Thanks for being constructive and adding to the conversation.

I have been to ELSA's website the card isnt listed there. All they list is ATI cards.

Also you'll notice I didnt mention in the first post that it was a Gladiac. Something I thought might be relevant.

Matthyahuw
05-06-03, 02:56 AM
ummm, dude, you're not gonna find one, ELSA pulled out of the country, and switched to ATI chipsets, hit up eBay for a used one if you want one that badly...

marcocom
05-06-03, 03:04 PM
nah. i knew ELSA employees and all. they were up the street from me for years in Sunnyvale, CA.

ELSA completely shut down. out of business. (they were german owned , california-run)

they specialized in nvidia solutions only. (great workstation solutions in their day. my first QuadroDCC was an Elsa card. luvt it)

anyways. over a year went by...then a whole new entity bought the ELSA name and not much more. they also went fully ATi.

all ELSA U.S. support was , i believe, handed to CreativeLabs. check that out. (however thats not usually indefinite but more often a one or two year thing)

their warranty was a whopping 6-years , so its probably still good if honored. (usually they contract that out or pay another company to just take it over)

Dazz
05-06-03, 03:17 PM
ELSA ASIA is still going as they didn't work with ELSA Europe.