PDA

View Full Version : Any XP SP3 benchmark reviews?

Yaboze
05-09-08, 11:13 AM
There's probably not that much of a difference, but I was wondering if there were any sites than ran benches of a similar system with SP2 vs. SP3.

GeniusPr0
05-09-08, 12:51 PM
I've never found any. : (

I'd also like to see some SP3 benchmarks.

Q
05-09-08, 12:54 PM
XPSP2: Medium
VistaSP1:Slow
XPSP3: FAST

I ran the benchmarks twice just to be sure.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-09-08, 12:57 PM
XPSP2: Medium
VistaSP1:Slow
XPSP3: FAST

I ran the benchmarks twice just to be sure.

what benches did you run?

Q
05-09-08, 01:54 PM
what benches did you run?

Calculator
Paint
Start Menu +++

ViN86
05-09-08, 02:50 PM
Calculator
Paint
Start Menu +++
yea like those reflect real world performance :rolleyes:

Q
05-09-08, 03:03 PM
yea like those reflect real world performance :rolleyes:

Your massive bag of douche is holding me down.

:D

Seriously though, on the three machines I've upgraded to SP3 I've notice slight improvements in responsiveness all around, especially with explorer (not IE). That being said, I've had explorer crash a few times more as well. The biggest "success" I've had is my primary work machine. That machine was getting bogged down with all sorts of crap I've tested on there. SP3's installation really patched up whatever performance issues it was having.

Go figure. Sorry I don't have any real numbers.

ViN86
05-09-08, 03:53 PM
Your massive bag of douche is holding me down.

:D

Seriously though, on the three machines I've upgraded to SP3 I've notice slight improvements in responsiveness all around, especially with explorer (not IE). That being said, I've had explorer crash a few times more as well. The biggest "success" I've had is my primary work machine. That machine was getting bogged down with all sorts of crap I've tested on there. SP3's installation really patched up whatever performance issues it was having.

Go figure. Sorry I don't have any real numbers.
lol

i know what you mean. the biggest advantage i see with SP3 is that you can slipstream it so you dont have to download 100's of updates everytime you do an XP install.

wish i could slipstream vista sp1 without a tremendous hassle :(