PDA

View Full Version : System will not post with Verto Geforce FX

Bionetix
05-05-03, 03:58 PM
I just bought this card the other day, and can not seem to get my system to post with it in . The Card is a PNY Verto Geforce FX 5200 agp.

I have been to PNY support site for the Quadro card but nothing has worked. AGP is set to 4x withh drive strength set to auto. Video adapter is set to Standard vga. Seems to be something in the bios that just is not set right
fot this card. I meet the requirements listed by PNY as well.

I have a Radeon 9000 pro that I am replacing with this Verto. The Radeon will post every time. I put the Verto in and the Monitor is blank and acts as if it is in standby mode.

I have searched all over the web but there just is not alot of info on the FX yet. Im new here and these forums seem to be my best bet.

Any help you all could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Specs.

Asus A7V133 (bios rev 1009)
AMD T-bird 1ghz
704 mb pc133 Infenion mem
Win 98se fully updated
2 60 gb WD HD at ata100
Sound Blaster Live value
300w power supply

saturnotaku
05-05-03, 04:01 PM
What flavor of FX are you using? If it's a 5800 Ultra, you're going to need a PSU upgrade. 300W ain't gonna cut it with a card that's as power hungry as the FX 5800. Get yourself an Antec 400W and you should be fine.

Bionetix
05-05-03, 04:18 PM
Sorry, its the 5200 agp.

Sinistar
05-05-03, 11:54 PM
Increase the I/O voltage of your motherboard to 3.4V in your BIOS setup if your BIOS support it.

Set the AGP Driving Value setting in your BIOS setup to EA or FF.

Check here for more help 43) Why doesn’t my PC post after installing a PNY Graphics Card? (http://www.pny.com/support/faqs/readfaq.cfm?mainid=200&row=43&urlRef=%2Fsupport%2Ffaqs%2Freadtopic%2Ecfm%3Fmodel ID%3D16)

flick556
05-05-03, 11:58 PM
I would check the power spec on the agp slot.

If you can afford it a motherboard upgrade is in order.

The Baron
05-06-03, 12:03 AM
I think the flux capacitor is blown. But, in addition to a new flux capacitor, you'll probably also need another batch of Ukranian plutonium. So... better call Doc Brown. ;)

OK, sorry. But yeah, that PNY page seems very possible.

saturnotaku
05-06-03, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
you'll probably also need another batch of Ukranian plutonium. So... better call Doc Brown.

Ahem - it was Libyan plutonium. Get yer reference straight. :p :cool:

The Baron
05-06-03, 12:36 AM
I apologize, it's been years since I've seen any of the movies. Plus, Libyan plutonium would result in a preemptive strike by Dubya nowadays.