PDA

View Full Version : EA gets a $1bil loan

evox
05-09-08, 07:27 PM
In a form SC TO-T/A filed today with the SEC, Electronic Arts indicated that it has received a commitment for up to USD 1 billion in senior unsecured term loan financing towards its attempted acquisition of Take-Two.

EA indicated that it expected the cost of the merger to be approximately USD 2.1 billion, and that as of March 31 it had cash and equivalents in the amount of USD 2.3 billion.

Morgan Stanley Senior Funding Inc, Morgan Stanley Bank, BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Securities Corp, The Bank of Nova Scotia and KeyBank National Association have made the commitment to provide EA with the additional USD 1 billion in financing at any time prior to January 9, 2009.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ea-receives-1-billion-loan-commitment

EA: Where we don't take NO as an answer.

1337_Like_ThaT
05-09-08, 07:32 PM
Wow, so it really might be happening.....what a shame.....Bioshock 2 was looking really good too :(

WCG
05-09-08, 07:46 PM
I'm just glad GTA 4 came out before being EA'd

JigenD
05-09-08, 07:50 PM
So how long before everyone in Rockstar leaves the company to form a new one? :captnkill:

evox
05-09-08, 08:00 PM
So how long before everyone in Rockstar leaves the company to form a new one? :captnkill:
Better yet, make the CEO fire everyone. EA sure as hell won't let the crazy talented people at Rockstar go away.

JigenD
05-09-08, 08:04 PM
EA sure as hell won't let the crazy talented people at Rockstar go away.

I don't think EA has much of a choice if the people actually want to leave.

evox
05-09-08, 08:07 PM
I don't think EA has much of a choice if the people actually want to leave.
I believe the Non-compete clause won't let the T2 employees escape from hell.

LOVE ME BITCH!

JigenD
05-09-08, 08:13 PM
I believe the Non-compete clause won't let the T2 employees escape from hell.

Wow, just looked it up, man that's a nasty law. Once again the gov't making the world a worse place.

MrTexTure
05-10-08, 05:56 AM
Great that means GTA4 will definatly come out for the Pc, annywon remember Mass Effect that was when EA comes in to play. EA loves the Pc plattform and in every interview they say Pc will be back bader then ever.

Every Pc Gamer should be happy couse EA rocks plain and simple so quit the bitching boys, I can understand a console troll cry but a Pc gamer should be proud and thank EA for supporting the plattform. take a look even Burnout is on the way. so STFUK and open your eye's couse EA is tha shi.t :D

evox
05-10-08, 06:04 AM
EA is tha shi.t :D

Yeah, literally.

MrTexTure
05-10-08, 07:46 AM
Yeah, literally.

haha yeah one can look at it that way to!

lIqUID
05-10-08, 07:49 AM
I'm just glad GTA 4 came out before being EA'd

yea because its not terribly buggy in its current state... oh wait!

Destroy
05-10-08, 09:11 AM
Great that means GTA4 will definatly come out for the Pc,

Yeah it'll be great playing the upcoming EA PS2 version of GTA4 on PC cause that's what EA will most likely port over for us.

JigenD
05-10-08, 12:34 PM
Great that means GTA4 will definatly come out for the Pc, annywon remember Mass Effect that was when EA comes in to play. EA loves the Pc plattform and in every interview they say Pc will be back bader then ever.

Every Pc Gamer should be happy couse EA rocks plain and simple so quit the bitching boys, I can understand a console troll cry but a Pc gamer should be proud and thank EA for supporting the plattform. take a look even Burnout is on the way. so STFUK and open your eye's couse EA is tha shi.t :D

EA canceled your favorite game series, Madden for PC.

Feyy
05-10-08, 05:29 PM
http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/eatributeeaglewall_mid.jpg

Madpistol
05-10-08, 10:34 PM
Heil EA!!! :headexplode:

Ayepecks
05-11-08, 12:41 AM
Yet again, I don't have a problem with the move. I don't buy sports games anymore anyways, so I can't see it being anything but good. EA and 2K both have great development studios, and a sharing of IPs would be great.

MrTexTure
05-11-08, 05:44 AM
And who gives a sh.. about Madden, you like it then bye a console simple as that!

Buio
05-11-08, 06:41 AM
Next up Activision Blizzard?

But I think they will have to get a bigger loan then.