PDA

View Full Version : Need a second opinion please:

RaidenWoW
05-11-08, 05:24 PM
Since you guys are knowledgeable, I've come to you for a second opinion.

Are the guys over at Dell's forums just bullsh$tiing me or are they correct?

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=Tech_Talk_XPS_Laptop&message.id=15358&jump=true#M15358

I think they're trying to cop-out because I mean,... you people talk about how Crysis improves with SLI and such....
Is this really Dell's fault or Nvidia's fault?

jcrox
05-11-08, 06:06 PM
in 3DMark, half-life 2, UT3, Call of Juarez, Lost Planet, Quake 4, Quake Wars, Company of Heros, Doom 3, Far Cry, FEAR, Stalker.... every game I tried SLI with showed an advantage over a single card on my desktop.

I don't have any idea what could be causing your problems... I hate laptops but if I were to guess..... your results sound suspiciously like the laptop doesn't have enough power.

Toss3
05-11-08, 06:11 PM
Since you guys are knowledgeable, I've come to you for a second opinion.

Are the guys over at Dell's forums just bullsh$tiing me or are they correct?

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=Tech_Talk_XPS_Laptop&message.id=15358&jump=true#M15358

I think they're trying to cop-out because I mean,... you people talk about how Crysis improves with SLI and such....
Is this really Dell's fault or Nvidia's fault?
Have you tried custom profiles? And are you sure sli is even working(sli bar?)? Sounds like a really strange issue, but it's hard to say whether it's dell or nvidia's fault without further investigation. :)

RaidenWoW
05-11-08, 06:19 PM
No my point is, it's 9 months since the release of their laptop with "SLI" but SLI doesn't work worth a piece of crap. They did something terribly wrong here...

I think they say "SLI" just as a gimmick or something to make people buy their notebooks... maybe?

Toss3
05-11-08, 06:55 PM
No my point is, it's 9 months since the release of their laptop with "SLI" but SLI doesn't work worth a piece of crap. They did something terribly wrong here...

I think they say "SLI" just as a gimmick or something to make people buy their notebooks... maybe?
Try enabling the SLi bar to see if it's working properly. If not switch between afr and sfr to see if that makes a difference.