PDA

View Full Version : I want to play GTA4 SO BADLY!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MaXThReAT
05-13-08, 02:36 PM
I really do. I'm a huge fan of every single one of the GTA games. It really pains me to see such a great game unavailable to PC. I watch the youtube vids and it looks like a lot of fun. I would spend days just messing around in SA, days. It took what...about a year for SA to make it to PC. This time around I would say maybe 6-8 months before we see a PC version. I already need a BlueRay player, I just might be forced to pick up a PS3. I wish I could find a good model. I really don't want a console. I would never buy a 360 but a PS3 I can see but as soon as I do I know I'll buy games for it, supporting the already out of control cashcow that consoles are. Seeing more and more GTA4 I just can't wait.

Noriega
05-13-08, 02:38 PM
then you can read articles like this when waiting
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Weekend-Bashing-5-Reasons-Why-GTA-IV-Will-Be-Better-on-the-PC-85227.shtml

MaXThReAT
05-13-08, 02:46 PM
Yeah good article. I just don't know if I can wait. Maybe but I need a blueray player. Guess I don't have to buy games... and PS3 is almost the same cost as a BR player.

"I’m not trying to lobby for the PC, I'm just saying that all the time I was playing it on my "trusty" console, one particular thought kept crossing my mind on a regular basis: "Man, this game is gonna rock on the PC."

SeriTonin
05-13-08, 02:47 PM
I had enough of this game once San Andreas hit. I'm not hyping for it in the least. Each one took a year to port to pc, do whatever you did back then to help the wait. Grab a triple fold of liberty city and jerk off a few times a week to it, I dunno...

MrTexTure
05-13-08, 02:49 PM
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Weekend-Bashing-5-Reasons-Why-GTA-IV-Will-Be-Better-on-the-PC-85227.shtml

Agree totaly and this is what I exatcly was thinking when I had a 360!

"Iím not trying to lobby for the PC, I'm just saying that all the time I was playing it on my "trusty" console, one particular thought kept crossing my mind on a regular basis: "Man, this game is gonna rock on the PC."

Thats the truth, every game I testad was like, hmm on Pc better gfx/control heh better of EVERYTHING so let the console kiddies do the beta testing, fine by me ;)

JigenD
05-13-08, 02:52 PM
Is a PS3 that expensive for you that you can't buy one? You personally not buying a PS3 because you don't want to hasten the console 'cash cow' isn't going to change anything. Personally I wouldn't even bet this one is coming to PC, I'd say it's 40-60% likely. The old GTA's took 6-8 months, and this one IS a new generation, with all new tech as well as being in a new era of gaming.

Really dumb article, none of the stuff he complains about will be changed... They're not going to go through the game and fix every little bug or thing he didn't like about the game. Also the guy should look at ALL of the recent console / PC games. The PC versions don't have higher textures / models / lighting than the console versions any longer, why should GTA4 be any different?

"Iím not trying to lobby for the PC", yea right... That's all the guy is doing. It's just fanboyism, nothing less.

MrTexTure
05-13-08, 02:53 PM
I had enough of this game once San Andreas hit. I'm not hyping for it in the least. Each one took a year to port to pc, do whatever you did back then to help the wait. Grab a triple fold of liberty city and jerk off a few times a week to it, I dunno...

I dont get the hype eaiter, I dont give a crap if it's ever come to the Pc but thats me.
What I really looking forward to is Mafia 2 as Mafia pisses all over any GTA games nuff said :D

MrTexTure
05-13-08, 02:56 PM
Is a PS3 that expensive for you that you can't buy one? You personally not buying a PS3 because you don't want to hasten the console 'cash cow' isn't going to change anything. Personally I wouldn't even bet this one is coming to PC, I'd say it's 40-60% likely. The old GTA's took 6-8 months, and this one IS a new generation, with all new tech as well as being in a new era of gaming.

Really dumb article, none of the stuff he complains about will be changed... They're not going to go through the game and fix every little bug or thing he didn't like about the game. Also the guy should look at ALL of the recent console / PC games. The PC versions don't have higher textures / models / lighting than the console versions any longer, why should GTA4 be any different?

"I’m not trying to lobby for the PC", yea right... That's all the guy is doing. It's just fanboyism, nothing less.

Yes we all know you are full of it, GTA Pc versions look way better, get your glasses mate but then again we know your Consol fanboys are blind..spreading POS springs to mind!

JigenD
05-13-08, 03:00 PM
Yes we all know you are full of it, GTA Pc versions look way better, get your glasses mate but then we know you'r Consol fanboys are blind..

The previous GTA ports did, because they were PS2 ports. Also, there was more money in porting games to PC back then, there still is but it has become less. You need to learn to read better as well, and spell better for that matter.

One more thing I should bring up though, there have been a few tweaked console -> PC ports this generation. Gears of War got some graphics upgrades and new content, but I wouldn't expect any less of long-term PC keystone Epic. Mass Effect is getting a fixed interface and such.

Games that didn't get touched up significantly were Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, COD4, R6V2, and a lot of smaller things like DiRT, the recent Tomb Raiders, Overlord, Viva Pinata, Stranglehold...

MrTexTure
05-13-08, 03:04 PM
Yeah okey fair enough but these games allready looks very nice and looks even better on the Pc with some better effects e.x DX10 in Bioshock!

Assassins Creed looks way better in my eye's what I can see!

SeriTonin
05-13-08, 03:07 PM
I dont get the hype eaiter, I dont give a crap if it's ever come to the Pc but thats me.
What I really looking forward to is Mafia 2 as Mafia pisses all over any GTA games nuff said :D

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to Mafia 2 more than anything with GTA on it, Mafia 2 is hands-down one of the few games I'm excited about coming out this year.Period.

XDanger
05-13-08, 03:07 PM
Theres always saints row 2

MrTexTure
05-13-08, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=SeriTonin]Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to Mafia 2 more than anything with GTA on it, Mafia 2 is hands-down one of the few games I'm excited about coming out this year.Period.[/QUOTE

Have waited so for that game, so now wheres my damn Undying2 then I have it all :)

JigenD
05-13-08, 03:13 PM
Yeah okey fair enough but these games allready looks very nice and looks even better on the Pc with some better effects e.x DX10 in Bioshock!

Assassins Creed looks way better in my eye's what I can see!

Hey, I agree you can at least play these games on PC with higher AA, AF, resolution and FPS, and you get more options like you can play with mouse+KB and such. I'm not saying that stuff isn't always true, it IS always true.

Yea, Bioshock did add a few little things in DX10 mode, also, Lost Planet added some bigger stuff. (Bioshock just did better particle effects from what I've heard, LP did quite a few things better)

NarcissistZero
05-13-08, 03:22 PM
It will come... well, probably. Rockstar has been skipping the PC ports lately (Bully, Manhunt 2) but they should bring GTA4 over...

I can't imagine being only a PC player right now, frankly... there's just too many exclusives on consoles I NEED to play.

J-Mag
05-13-08, 04:12 PM
How long did it take for San Andreas to hit the PC after it was released on consoles?

evox
05-13-08, 04:26 PM
How long did it take for San Andreas to hit the PC after it was released on consoles?
GTA SA came out in Oct 2004 for PS2, Xbox/PC got their ports in June 05.

I hope Rockstar announces something soon. Really want to play GTA IV :D

JigenD
05-13-08, 04:29 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas

Notice the Xbox 1 version came out the same day. Back then Sony had an exclusivity contract, and I'm certain MS and Sony don't hold any kind of contract just to keep the game off of PC today.

J-Mag
05-13-08, 04:33 PM
Well if they stuck to a similar 8 month pattern we'd see it end of Jan begenning of Feb, which is not an optimal release date. Maybe we'll get lucky and they will try and shoot for the '08 holiday season.

MrTexTure
05-13-08, 04:35 PM
Hey, I agree you can at least play these games on PC with higher AA, AF, resolution and FPS, and you get more options like you can play with mouse+KB and such. I'm not saying that stuff isn't always true, it IS always true.

Yea, Bioshock did add a few little things in DX10 mode, also, Lost Planet added some bigger stuff. (Bioshock just did better particle effects from what I've heard, LP did quite a few things better)

Very well put I agree totaly mate :)

To me just to have higher res with AA/AF and if one want mouse+KB means a lot and hopefully good FPS but as we know Pc gaming has it's downside to but atleast one can often do some to it if the devs dont fuc.k it up to much haha.

yepp its wasent miles better Bioshock only some minor as you said differens but it run and looked very good and Lost Planet to I think.

Noriega
05-13-08, 04:54 PM
It's just fanboyism, nothing less.

Just like your post. Can you imagine that I prefer play on PC and I don't mind to buy PS3 for one game that playing experience won't be that one from PC that I like. I really prefer to spend that cash for something else than console.

JigenD
05-13-08, 07:05 PM
Just like your post. Can you imagine that I prefer play on PC and I don't mind to buy PS3 for one game that playing experience won't be that one from PC that I like. I really prefer to spend that cash for something else than console.

Read his article, I pointed out the flaws. He says a lot of nonsensical stuff. Liking a PC version better or worse isn't why he was a fanboy, he was a fanboy because he not only was spouting what we believed and wished as fact, but also denied that fact. Not only that but it wasn't some simple forum post pointing out the guy's wishes, he wrote an article about it.

Basically I believe one on the tenants of fanboyism is preaching.

|MaguS|
05-13-08, 07:10 PM
Man I can't wait to get home and play some GTA4!

LORD-eX-Bu
05-13-08, 08:26 PM
::lol::

jAkUp
05-13-08, 10:16 PM
I couldn't wait, so I got the 360 version, I am so addicted this is easily the best in the series :) I think the euphoria ragdoll physics might be the best I have seen in any game to date...