PDA

View Full Version : Want to know if a title will run on your machine? -sTart hEre-

ragejg
05-14-08, 06:31 AM
Asking on a forum if a title will run on your machine is a common question.

Often times the first step should be to Google the title of the game + the term "system requirements". Usually that will offer at the very least a low-level look at what is needed vs. what you may be running.

Another option is to visit the following site: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=31440&stc=1&d=1210760226

This test suite is basically like looking at the box, except you actually have a system test run to see if you meet the minimum or recommended requirements.

Some times there may be caveats to these tests; i.e: Assassin's Creed. The system requirements lab test states that 2gb is required at the least for Vista. Googling "Assassin's Creed 1.5gb" shows many users with Vista having a fine time with this game and that memory configuration.

Despite some possible inaccuracies, #1 looking at the box or #2 running this test should provide a good first step in determining whether or not your rig is capable of playing a certain game.

#3 Search this forum (include the term "performance" in the search query, or something similar... use your head, lol)) before posting a "Can my rig handle game X" thread.

Hope this helps.

:)

SH64
05-14-08, 07:53 PM
OFN :p

these kinda reqs are not accurate most of the time though.

nutcrackr
05-14-08, 08:03 PM
i think yougamers is a bit better.

JigenD
05-14-08, 08:29 PM
It is a shame that developers can put whatever they want on the box.

It'd be nice if developers based the requirements on stuff like 'to get 30fps at such and such settings you need ______ or better'.

ragejg
05-14-08, 08:35 PM
Blah! :rolleyes: :angel:

I know it's OFN! Asking if Crysis will run on your P4 with a 6200 is OFN! :p

I didn't post this for all of us that know where to go, who to ask, what to consider. This is for teh newbs so they don't have to post new threads asking retreaded questions...

THEN, when they consult the systemrequirementslab site, install the game and want to optimize further, ...THEN they can ask here and get enthusiastic answers to their questions.

joo newbs.:rolleyes: :angel:

SH64
05-14-08, 10:03 PM
heello allz i have a pentium 386 & a half mb ram & voodoo5 can i run assaissn kreed at med settings ? please e-mail me ipunzyaall@shemail.com

thnx ;)

Bman212121
05-14-08, 10:48 PM
If I have to ask if it's going to run it isn't worth playing. :p

ragejg
05-15-08, 01:02 PM
Well not everyone who visits here is that 1337 ya goof.:ignored: (wack)

bob saget
05-15-08, 03:34 PM
heello allz i have a pentium 386 & a half mb ram & voodoo5 can i run assaissn kreed at med settings ? please e-mail me ipunzyaall@shemail.com

thnx ;)

:rofl

sent ;)

nemecb
05-15-08, 05:14 PM
I would see if that domain is registered, but I'm a little scared to visit it at work.:eek: