PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect PC enhancements demonstration...

Pages : [1] 2

CaptNKILL
05-15-08, 01:32 AM
This video is awesome. I haven't played the game for 360 but I preordered it for PC a few days ago. After seeing this, I'm even more glad that I did. It looks like they really took their time and made this into a PC game.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38649/Mass-Effect-PC-Movie-Demonstrates-Improved-Gameplay-Features

Assuming the game runs smooth and WORKS, on top of having an excellent interface, this is a perfect example of how a console game should be ported to a PC.

I can't wait to play this. :)

shilk
05-15-08, 01:52 AM
Wow. Awesome movie. I was wondering what the transition to PC was going to be, and this pretty much explained everything and set it in stone for me. A lot of devs should take note and learn from this example. Stop trying to make a quick buck from PC gamers and give us what we deserve. ;)

This game is definately going to be worth the wait! :D

wysiwyg
05-15-08, 04:57 AM
looks nice i will certainly buy it

but some of the textures look icky low res

SH64
05-15-08, 04:57 AM
Umm there wasnt a run 'n gun gameplay style for the 360?? :wtf: cuz i wouldnt play the game without it. the tactical style didnt look fun to me.

anyway its an awesome demo .. was a little choppy at times but seems running ok most of the time.

CaptNKILL
05-15-08, 05:15 AM
Umm there wasnt a run 'n gun gameplay style for the 360?? :wtf: cuz i wouldnt play the game without it. the tactical style didnt look fun to me.

I think they were referring to the way it was streamlined so you could switch weapons and powers with the push of a button without pausing gameplay. I haven't played the 360 version but it sounds like you had to bring up a quick menu to switch weapons and powers. Now you can just hit a number key, like any other PC action game.

mailman2
05-15-08, 09:43 AM
hrmm, after seeing the demo vid Im no longer interested in Mass Effect. Looks like Lost Planet kinda. meh.

nekrosoft13
05-15-08, 10:00 AM
pre-ordered, can't wait ;) go bioware!

|MaguS|
05-15-08, 10:37 AM
I think they were referring to the way it was streamlined so you could switch weapons and powers with the push of a button without pausing gameplay. I haven't played the 360 version but it sounds like you had to bring up a quick menu to switch weapons and powers. Now you can just hit a number key, like any other PC action game.
Yeah while you had to "pause" the game to switch weapons and powers honestly... I never saw need to even switch weapons. Theirs infinite ammo and most powers are useless, your teammates are also smart enough to use the appropriate powers when needed. Only time I had to switch between powers was buffing prior to a boss encounter or something...

Dreamingawake
05-15-08, 10:41 AM
yeah i dunno what it is, but the gameplay seems.. boring.

the video made me lose interest also. :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
05-15-08, 10:44 AM
Even though I already beat it on the X360 I might get it for the PC just because the X360 had a **** ton of slow down at times. I would like to try to experiance some parts over also (Alien Lesbian Sex!)

LordJuanlo
05-15-08, 10:47 AM
This game is on my preorder list too, I saw it on a friend's 360 and I can't stand with those horrible slowdowns in some places. And those control enhancements on PC are very welcome, plus the ability to play with no disc in drive

stefan9
05-15-08, 11:36 AM
I have it on pre order even if I am not happy with the 3 activations limit.:)

grey_1
05-15-08, 11:39 AM
I'll have to wait for feedback...that vid just looked boring.

Ninjaman09
05-15-08, 11:44 AM
hrmm, after seeing the demo vid Im no longer interested in Mass Effect. Looks like Lost Planet kinda. meh.
LOL...Mass Effect is nothing like Lost Planet, not even close.
Even though I already beat it on the X360 I might get it for the PC just because the X360 had a **** ton of slow down at times. I would like to try to experiance some parts over also (Alien Lesbian Sex!)
Yeah the slowdowns really were bad on the 360. I can't wait to see how it runs, according to a developer interview, the game will run practically flawlessly on a system setup like mine. I've been waiting to replay the game ever since I heard about the PC release. :D

BTW I'd like to remind those of you waiting on feedback that this game is an RPG not an action shooter. It definitely contains action elements but at its core it uses RPG mechanics to advance your character and determine the outcome of combat. Not to mention, conversation and plot is a huge part of the game that you aren't going to see much of in the PC trailers. If you want feedback just read any of the stellar reviews the 360 version got.

Severian126
05-15-08, 12:15 PM
Beat the game 4 times on the 360. And I have this sucker on pre-order. I love this game.

Ninjaman09
05-15-08, 12:32 PM
Wow I watched the video and I can't friggin wait for this to come out now.

|MaguS|
05-15-08, 01:04 PM
For some reason I have a feeling that many people on the PC are going to end up disliking it because they are going to be under the impression that its a shooter rather then an RPG...

stefan9
05-15-08, 01:08 PM
For some reason I have a feeling that many people on the PC are going to end up disliking it because they are going to be under the impression that its a shooter rather then an RPG...

Then they would be stupid. I can't remember BioWare ever making any game other than an rpg. If they have I haven't played it.

|MaguS|
05-15-08, 01:11 PM
Then they would be stupid. I can't remember BioWare ever making any game other than an rpg. If they have I haven't played it.

Um... MDK2?!

nekrosoft13
05-15-08, 01:30 PM
didn't they make some racing game aswell, very long time ago

stefan9
05-15-08, 01:40 PM
Um... MDK2?!

One game out of how many?? The fact still stands when you think of a BioWare game the first thing that comes to mind is RPG.

|MaguS|
05-15-08, 01:46 PM
One game out of how many?? The fact still stands when you think of a BioWare game the first thing that comes to mind is RPG.

Out of what 6 titles? Bioware hasn't created that many games...

stefan9
05-15-08, 01:53 PM
Out of what 6 titles? Bioware hasn't created that many games...

Of the 20 games the list on their website under BioWare games 16 are rpg's. These include games under development and expansions.

shilk
05-15-08, 02:10 PM
A lot of people forget that Bioware really doesn't deviate from their game design too much. I really don't know what else people would expect from them. It's not like the game has been out on XBOX360 for a while now. So people who say that they're not going to get it now based on what they've seen, really shouldn't have any excuse to know what the game was like before, on console.

I personally don't own a console to play it on, so I've been waiting since their announcement on PC to play it. Impatiently, I might add. :)

sl0ppy_sec0nds
05-15-08, 02:32 PM
I didn't get into it much on the 360 because the game came off as a talking simlulation more than an RPG. I will still give the PC version a go if they improve on the combat system.