PDA

View Full Version : NEC MultiSync 20WGX2 Pro

Ancient76
05-15-08, 12:26 PM
First of all, hello everybody on this forum!
Gentelman, what do you think about this monitor? It has S-IPS panel. Anyone has it?

firehawk
05-15-08, 05:00 PM
iam using a 20wmgx2 i had a pro for about a 3 days....it came with dust behind the screen so i ram'd it. they ended up replacing it with a new one that had 6 dead pixels. sent it back....got another one with dust behind the screen....sent it back...got dust again. i finally got sick of the rma tag and took it back and got my money.

the image quality on the 20wmgx's is fantastic and to me looked like both the non pro and pro ran the same in terms of screen quality, but nec has some quality control issues.

as for my 20wmgx2,

i still use it to this day because i simply cannot find a better lcd for image quality/color/back light.for my taste

warning though, these monitors DO NOT like warm temps. if you run these monitors in warm air conditions for over 10 hours the top of the screen will get a "water marking" effect. that is permanent. the back light runs so damn hot that the heat doesn't dissipate out the top and it actually burns the screen :|

awesome monitors just be aware of these issues.

MrTexTure
05-16-08, 06:39 AM
True I got a 20WXG2 also and its the best monitor ever released.

I just bought this BenQ G2400W beqouse I wanted a 24 screen. okey I was impressed by the size but I can see some ghosting I fuc.. hate it. So angry now so I will send it back, have contacted the firm so they take it back of course!

So now I will get back to my Nec 20 WGX2 again, its a shame really as I wanted a nice 24 but they dont seem to exist and the BenQ is a crappy TN film panel. okey it do its job but the ghosting I cant live with it.

stevemedes
05-16-08, 10:39 AM
i have two of them. really are exceptional panels. the glossy screen makes it even better. it has my wholehearted recommendation. no ghosting, very uniform panel, low input lag.

Smokey
05-16-08, 11:33 AM
I confirm what has already been said,though I have sold mine as I needed the money, and had started using my 42" plasma tv for my computer (which has died sine doh!). That monitor is best lcd in terms of picture quality.

stevemedes
05-16-08, 11:38 AM

I just bought this BenQ G2400W beqouse I wanted a 24 screen. okey I was impressed by the size but I can see some ghosting I fuc.. hate it. So angry now so I will send it back, have contacted the firm so they take it back of course!

So now I will get back to my Nec 20 WGX2 again, its a shame really as I wanted a nice 24 but they dont seem to exist and the BenQ is a crappy TN film panel. okey it do its job but the ghosting I cant live with it.

for 24 inchers, your pretty much stuck with mva/pva unless you wanna spend BIG money on a IPS panel. i got a LG L246WP-BN which is one of the best MVA 24 inchers there is and am completely satisfied. i use it as my primary, and i use my 20wmgx2 as my secondary. i have my second 20wmgx2 in my bedroom as my TV.

Blacklash
05-16-08, 01:18 PM
I have the 20wmgx2 as well.

I'd rather a 1680x monitor with good pixel pitch that a large monitor without.

I like mine tuned best from the basic sRGB setting.

I've been pleased with the monitor. It's not perfect and it is a great all around monitor. It's a very good gaming panel. If the Pro is as solid as the previous version, I'd recommend it.

stevemedes
05-16-08, 01:20 PM
im guessing the pro is the euro version. the 20WMGX2 is the U.S. version with HDCP support. The 20WGX2 is the euro version that lacks HDCP.

pxmm
05-16-08, 01:40 PM
im guessing the pro is the euro version. the 20WMGX2 is the U.S. version with HDCP support. The 20WGX2 is the euro version that lacks HDCP.

It also lacks the component input too :(

It still has the best looking picture of any LCD monitor I've seen though.

Blacklash
05-16-08, 01:45 PM
I am thinking about the Lacie 324 as my next monitor. It's the same as the NEC MultiSync 2690WUXi except it costs 1k instead of 1.2k for the NEC.

stevemedes
05-16-08, 02:29 PM
I am thinking about the Lacie 324 as my next monitor. It's the same as the NEC MultiSync 2690WUXi except it costs 1k instead of 1.2k for the NEC.

the planar and doublesight 26inchers are nice and are <1k

Dr.Nick
05-16-08, 03:46 PM

Check out the NEC 2490WUXi if you are looking for a 24". It really is drool worthy but it will cost ya

MrTexTure
05-16-08, 06:05 PM
Check out the NEC 2490WUXi if you are looking for a 24". It really is drool worthy but it will cost ya

Thanks but I know about that LCD and it got a little ghosting to so no go from me im afraid.

MrTexTure
05-16-08, 06:08 PM
for 24 inchers, your pretty much stuck with mva/pva unless you wanna spend BIG money on a IPS panel. i got a LG L246WP-BN which is one of the best MVA 24 inchers there is and am completely satisfied. i use it as my primary, and i use my 20wmgx2 as my secondary. i have my second 20wmgx2 in my bedroom as my TV.

I agree about the LG 245WP and have thinking about that one it seems like the only monitor that exist in 24 that are not to far away from the NEC :)

It is praised here in Sweden on a known forum as the absolut best 24 inch so it seems I have to buy that one just have to save up some cash first!

Thanks for the headsup annyway and nice to hear that you are satisfied with it!

Ancient76
05-17-08, 12:16 PM
I have the 20wmgx2 as well.

I'd rather a 1680x monitor with good pixel pitch that a large monitor without.

I agreed :)

iam using a 20wmgx2 i had a pro for about a 3 days....it came with dust behind the screen so i ram'd it. they ended up replacing it with a new one that had 6 dead pixels. sent it back....got another one with dust behind the screen....sent it back...got dust again. i finally got sick of the rma tag and took it back and got my money.

What kind of dust?

firehawk
05-17-08, 06:34 PM
I agreed :)

What kind of dust?

lol - regular dust?

i don't know if its dust or dirt or what it is, but its tiny specs of crap behind the screen. really noticeable when browsing online or anything with bright backgrounds. i searched online to see if i was the only one having this issue...sadly i am not :(

im happy with the regular old non-pro for now. the "smallish" screen size is made up for by the picture quality.

Dr.Nick
05-17-08, 08:57 PM
Thanks but I know about that LCD and it got a little ghosting to so no go from me im afraid.

Did you get a chance to enable Overdrive on it while you tested it? I ask because it's disabled by default, buried in a hidden menu, and makes quite the difference;)

Ancient76
05-18-08, 03:48 AM
lol - regular dust?

i don't know if its dust or dirt or what it is, but its tiny specs of crap behind the screen. really noticeable when browsing online or anything with bright backgrounds. i searched online to see if i was the only one having this issue...sadly i am not :(

im happy with the regular old non-pro for now. the "smallish" screen size is made up for by the picture quality.

Never heard about "dust" behind the screen. But it's good to know. Thanks!

stevemedes
05-18-08, 09:14 AM
Never heard about "dust" behind the screen. But it's good to know. Thanks!

NEC can fix that if you RMA it. Ive heard they have great service, including paying for shipping both ways.

Logical
05-28-08, 10:56 AM
I've had mine for over 12 months now and not a single spec of dust or 1 dead pixel to be seen.

Put quite simply the best 20.1" monitor you can buy imo.