PDA

View Full Version : logitech 680s

hovz
05-05-03, 11:32 PM
hey i recently bought the z560s liek 4 days ago, and while they are ok i want soemthing with more powerful bass(im rly into hip hop) my question is i read lots of reviews but none of them say if the 680 has a more powerful sub, so im asking u, and if it doesnt which system can i buy that RLY has powerful bass

netviper13
05-05-03, 11:44 PM
It definitely doesn't get much louder than the 680s while still speaking strictly about computer speakers, although it won't be too much louder than the 560s.

hovz
05-05-03, 11:49 PM
i dont mean speaker loudness, just the bass, looking for more bass

vampireuk
05-06-03, 02:21 AM
The subwoofer with my el cheapo logitech speakers provides more than enough bass. Anymore than that and it just sounds stupid, all you can here is rumbling, hardly a way to enjoy music....unless its jungle:banghead:

omghi2u
05-06-03, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk
The subwoofer with my el cheapo logitech speakers provides more than enough bass. Anymore than that and it just sounds stupid, all you can here is rumbling, hardly a way to enjoy music....unless its jungle:banghead: What he said. First time I ever hear someone complaining of the Z560's bass. I try to turn mine down most of the time.

hovz
05-06-03, 10:16 AM
so can anyone help me?

StealthHawk
05-06-03, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk
The subwoofer with my el cheapo logitech speakers provides more than enough bass. Anymore than that and it just sounds stupid, all you can here is rumbling, hardly a way to enjoy music....unless its jungle:banghead:

Yes.

Originally posted by omghi2u
What he said. First time I ever hear someone complaining of the Z560's bass. I try to turn mine down most of the time.

And yes.

The Z-680s have a little more bass, nothing major...all the THX Logitech speakers already have more than enough bass. I don't think you'll find computer speakers with much more.

hovz
05-06-03, 06:16 PM
guess i was expecting something that could be close to a car amp, any of u know if theres any way to use a caar amp with a pc?

zsynth
05-06-03, 06:46 PM
You can hook up to a home stereo setup, the cost is your limit. I have my TB Santa Cruz hooked up to 2 stereo receivers, one for the front speakers, one for the back. Each one has 100W\channal. In the front I have 2 floor standing Bose speakers, in back I have 2 Bose bookshelf speakers. If you want more base, you can add an additional subwoofer (your not limited to the model that comes with a speaker system- again, cost is the object). I don't have a subwoofer, I can rattle my walls enough already.

hovz
05-06-03, 07:10 PM
z synth when u say u can use any sub woofer, does that include the z560s? could i buy my own sub and use it with this syetm, or is it only for standard home theatre systems

FastM
05-06-03, 07:28 PM
Both the Z-560's and Z-680's have Great Bass. Maybe you should look into a new SoundCard.

To answer your question the Z-680 does have a slightly more powerfull sub.

hovz
05-06-03, 09:28 PM
fastm thx, at least i know it will have slightly bette rbass, but i have an audigy, i dont think an audigy 2 would help much, maybe im wrong, just to clarify, the bass does go loud, but when it gets loud it kind of rumbles and sounds weird, thats what i meant by the 680s, will it go loud without rumbling and sounding distorted

netviper13
05-06-03, 09:32 PM
The Logitech subs don't really distort from high volumes, their bad sounds come from a crappy crossover frequency. Frequencies that should still be handled by the satellites are passed to the sub and sound crappy. I've cranked up some heavy bass tests and have yet to make the sub on my 560s distort.

But if you're looking for the cleanest bass possible, you're gonna be looking at spending good money for home-theater quality speakers, not to mention the pre-amp/processor and amp (if you want decent mids and highs to match the bass).

You sort of have to make a choice based on what holds you back, if money limits you then your 560s (or the 680s) are a good choice, but if money's not a limit then by all means go with something like a Klipsch home-theater system.

zsynth
05-06-03, 09:33 PM
You can hookup ANY home stereo subwoofer. Yamaha, Bose, etc. Again, price is the object. There are many kickass subwoofers in your local stereo shop that'll blow your windows clean out.

hovz
05-06-03, 09:56 PM
zsynth thx, but what the othe rkid says is that its the frequency so a new sub dont seem like it would help.

net viper does the 680 offer improved frequency crossover over the 560? and basically what your saying is that as far as pc speakers go 680 is as good as it gets? does the klipcsh 5.1 pc speakers have better bass/crossover frequency then the 680s?

netviper13
05-06-03, 10:10 PM
I believe the crossover on the 680s is still the same. That's what the main advantage of actual home-theater equipment over computer speakers does for you, it allows tweaking of all the frequencies.

The Klipsch computer speakers, from what I've read, have a better crossover frequency but quieter bass.

hovz
05-06-03, 10:22 PM
netviper, i could spend more money on a home theatre system, but id rather not, the main reason i decided to buy a sound system was cuz all the reviews made it seem like the pc speakers were of home theatre quality, but at a much smaller price, i wanted to try to stay under a $300 limit, what would u suggest?

netviper13
05-06-03, 10:28 PM
I'd suggest staying with the Logitechs. I've heard quite a few home systems, and the bass on those 560s rivals many of them. Maybe try playing with the bass on both the speakers themselves and then in the EQ in the Creative driver panel.

hovz
05-06-03, 10:30 PM
netviper another question, if i was to buy just a seperate sub with a built in amp and some speakers as seperate components, what cables, connectors, amp do i need to hook them all up to my pc? if i can do it this way for a reasonable price i will cancel my order on the 680s b4 they ship them, if u have aim this would be a lot easier, or msn my aim is younghov17 msn is s.rose18@verizon.#net (take out the # sign just added so wouldnt be clickable)

netviper13
05-06-03, 10:53 PM
You'd need a pre-amp/processor to hook all the components up to, plus an amp for the speakers themselves...the pre-amp would hook up to your sound card either through an optical connection or analog RCA cables.

hovz
05-06-03, 10:59 PM
do u have any internet msging program?

netviper13
05-06-03, 11:10 PM
yeah MSN, I added your name but it has you as being offline.

netviper13@hotmail.#com, take out the #

omghi2u
05-07-03, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by hovz
netviper another question, if i was to buy just a seperate sub with a built in amp and some speakers as seperate components, what cables, connectors, amp do i need to hook them all up to my pc? if i can do it this way for a reasonable price i will cancel my order on the 680s b4 they ship them, if u have aim this would be a lot easier, or msn my aim is younghov17 msn is s.rose18@verizon.#net (take out the # sign just added so wouldnt be clickable) All you need are a couple of freakin' Y adapters (two female RCAs + one male 1/8" stereo headphone jack)...and depends on the sound card you have, you might not get all the channels. Just connect it to any home theater amp input. You can find this at any electrical hardware store.

FastM
05-07-03, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by hovz
hey i recently bought the z560s liek 4 days ago, and while they are ok i want soemthing with more powerful bass(im rly into hip hop) my question is i read lots of reviews but none of them say if the 680 has a more powerful sub, so im asking u, and if it doesnt which system can i buy that RLY has powerful bass

What sound card are you using?

hovz
05-07-03, 11:24 AM
audigy 1