PDA

View Full Version : Age of Conan will take '250' hours to get to level 80

kenangm
05-16-08, 02:28 AM
Funcom has revealed that getting to level 80 in upcoming MMO Age of Conan (http://www.gmbar.com) will take on average 250 hours.

Speaking at the game's official launch in Oslo, Norway, Game Director Gaute Godager said that Age of Conan's "levelling curve provides on average 250 hours of gameplay".

He also explained that it will take between two to three hours to gain a level in the game right up to level 60....

Yaboze
05-16-08, 09:01 AM
That's pretty fast. That's about 10 days played. In the original WoW I got to 60 in like 11-12 days played. Not sure what it was to 70.

Ninjaman09
05-16-08, 09:11 AM
You can get to 70 in WoW now in about 7-8 days /played. That's a pretty decent amount of time for AoC, should provide enough to do while not making the endgame inaccessible for too long.

JigenD
05-16-08, 04:16 PM
Ahhh I remember when level 50 took 3 months worth of real time to get to in MMO's. :captnkill:

Seriously, those were kind of cool times. I loved being scared in EQ1, trying not to die, but always dying anyways. As annoying as the bad times were, it made the good times actually worthwhile.

Bah!
05-16-08, 04:43 PM
Ahhh I remember when level 50 took 3 months worth of real time to get to in MMO's. :captnkill:

Seriously, those were kind of cool times. I loved being scared in EQ1, trying not to die, but always dying anyways. As annoying as the bad times were, it made the good times actually worthwhile.

Yeah, if only we could never grow up and play games 12 hours a day again. :)

I really enjoyed my time in EQ, and it's still my favorite MMOG of all time, but there is no way in hell i'd play another game that took as long to level as EQ did back at release. Things like staying logged in for 72 hours in a row for Rastor to spawn or sitting in Najenas room for Jboots just isn't feesable these days for many of us.

As for the AoC leveling speed, it's not that fast. My last two characters in WoW were 1-70 in a little over 5 days played and that was before they sped up 1-60 leveling. My first was 12 days with two capped professions, lots of fishing and tons of exploring.

killahsin
05-16-08, 07:55 PM
its 11 days played actually but yah.

Q
05-16-08, 09:59 PM
Raise your hand if you work 40+ hours a week.

Lfctony
05-17-08, 12:16 PM
Well, not 40, but 38 is close enough... Not enough time for grinding games...

Xav
05-19-08, 04:55 PM
Yeah, if only we could never grow up and play games 12 hours a day again. :)

I really enjoyed my time in EQ, and it's still my favorite MMOG of all time, but there is no way in hell i'd play another game that took as long to level as EQ did back at release. Things like staying logged in for 72 hours in a row for Rastor to spawn or sitting in Najenas room for Jboots just isn't feesable these days for many of us.

As for the AoC leveling speed, it's not that fast. My last two characters in WoW were 1-70 in a little over 5 days played and that was before they sped up 1-60 leveling. My first was 12 days with two capped professions, lots of fishing and tons of exploring.

Ahhh but it was actually good times sitting around with buddies chatting it up and clearing a room waiting for that pop and the feeling you got when you finally got that elusive FBSS!

killahsin
05-19-08, 05:23 PM
Raise your hand if you work 40+ hours a week.

I work 60-80 so yah.

Blacklash
05-19-08, 11:57 PM
Unfortunately, some are already exploiting their way up.

CaptnStubing
05-20-08, 01:23 AM
Unfortunately, some are already exploiting their way up.
I hate people.

lognoronon
05-20-08, 03:27 AM
The folks that already hit 80 are gonna be banned for exploiting or Funcom is just retarded.

killahsin
05-20-08, 12:43 PM
well what most likely will happen is those characters will be locked for an indefinite amount of time. The players may still be allwoed to play so long as they help find and destroy any other exploits they know about like this. Otherwise they end up perma banned. thats how sadly most develoeprs take care of these situations.

They are offered a work for us or be banned forever alternative.