PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Vista

Buddahpest
05-17-08, 06:24 PM
I apologize if this in the wrong forum, I'm not quite sure where this should go.

For the life of me, I can not get this game to not stutter when running Vista. It's so annoying that it can be unbearable at times. I have to run it it with V-Sync on, due to tearing otherwise. I've played around with all of the settings in the drivers, at least the ones that I have read that can reduce stuttering as a whole. I have also dropped the settings in game to the bear minimum, and it makes no difference.

For those of you that have this game (and still play it) that run it under Vista, does it behave this way for you too?

firehawk
05-17-08, 07:29 PM
vista isn't the problem. It's the 8800. The game has never run right for me on mine.

mailman2
05-19-08, 02:46 PM
vista isn't the problem. It's the 8800. The game has never run right for me on mine.

NFS MW works fine in XP with 8800GTX

XDanger
05-19-08, 03:23 PM
NFS games stutter, Thats what they do.

Needs to go x64

Or use the dirt engine, Thats nice

Buddahpest
05-19-08, 03:29 PM
NFS MW works fine in XP with 8800GTX

It works fine in XP for me too. I know that this game is a port, so the tiny stutters that I get in XP are no big deal. The majority of the time when I play it in XP, it's pretty smooth. It's just when I run it under Vista that the whole thing goes in the toilet.

Medion
05-24-08, 04:36 AM
It works fine in XP for me too. I know that this game is a port, so the tiny stutters that I get in XP are no big deal. The majority of the time when I play it in XP, it's pretty smooth. It's just when I run it under Vista that the whole thing goes in the toilet.

I had the same problem with NFS:MW stuttering when I upgraded to dual core for the first time. I needed an updated CPU driver to handle it. Not sure if that's your issue. Another way that I fixed it until the CPU driver was to enter the task mnager, and confine NFS to one core. Try that and see if it helps with your current setup.

Buddahpest
05-26-08, 02:49 PM
I had the same problem with NFS:MW stuttering when I upgraded to dual core for the first time. I needed an updated CPU driver to handle it. Not sure if that's your issue. Another way that I fixed it until the CPU driver was to enter the task mnager, and confine NFS to one core. Try that and see if it helps with your current setup.

Do you mean updated chipset drivers or an actual driver for the processor?