PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Conviction Delayed till 09/10?

evox
05-19-08, 09:16 PM
Splinter Cell Conviction has been taken "back to the drawing board" by Ubisoft Montreal.

That's according to a report in the latest Xbox World 360 mag. Though Ubisoft isn't saying anything, the mag says it's heard that the surprising development decision has forced Splinter Cell back into the festive period of 2009 - or as late as Spring 2010.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189247

crainger
05-19-08, 09:18 PM
Hope they take their time. Splinter Cell was a good series that took a bit of a nose dive with the last game.

SH64
05-19-08, 09:53 PM
Not looking forward to it that much anyways ..

the_recluse
05-19-08, 10:29 PM
Double agent on the 360 wasn't bad, never could get the PC version to work for any extended period.

Sobbsy
05-19-08, 11:33 PM
Back to the drawing board?

THANK ****ING GOD!

Really. I liked what they'd made (I'd seen) so far, but I was really expecting something different. This is great news, I really look forward to what they come up with now (more night stealth, more night stealth, sexy rain levels, sexy rain levels).

Bokishi
05-20-08, 12:43 AM
maybe it will be more like Chaos Theory now?

K007
05-20-08, 03:53 AM
The past games of this series were horrible ports to the PC...i don't expect the next of the series to be any difference...not even going to waste any $ or bandwidth on it -.-..

3DBrad
05-20-08, 08:21 AM
Maybe they realized,

"Hey, maybe if we let our dev team spend quality time on these games, they'll turn out good!"

nekrosoft13
05-20-08, 08:22 AM

i hope so

The past games of this series were horrible ports to the PC...i don't expect the next of the series to be any difference...not even going to waste any $ or bandwidth on it -.-..

Chaos Theory and original where great games on PC. with Splinter Cell series so far there is a pattern

Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory = Ubi Montreal = Quality
Pandora, Double Agent = Ubi Shanghai = Crap

Bearclaw
05-20-08, 09:19 AM
Hope they take their time. Splinter Cell was a good series that took a bit of a nose dive with the last game.
QFT. I was about to write the exact same thing.

I hope they go back to the original feeling for this game. Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, and Chaos Theory were all excellent games.

BioHazZarD
05-20-08, 10:45 AM
Haha roflmao.. ditch this game and dont bother.. delays and delays.. yea right im sure it will rock.

JigenD
05-20-08, 03:03 PM
I saw some leaked videos of the game back in 06 (I think), and yes, the game did look like it needed 4 years more work.

DRen72
05-20-08, 03:52 PM
Here is what I hope they are doing...reading fan forums and taking notes. While I don't mind the idea of Sam Fisher on his own away from the NSA, it would be crazy to make him a fugitive given the characters service record. I hope the story allows him to return to service like he did in Chaos Theory...the best of the series.

shabby
05-20-08, 04:33 PM

Ditto, they wandered off with double agent and conviction looked like a totally different game. I was chaos theory type of gameplay.

NarcissistZero
05-21-08, 04:45 AM
Double Agent was a great game, it just had an amazingly bad PC port. On the 360 it's a damn fine title.

Also, Ubisoft denied this rumor, for what that's worth.

evox
05-21-08, 05:07 AM
Double Agent was a great game, it just had an amazingly bad PC port. On the 360 it's a damn fine title.

Also, Ubisoft denied this rumor, for what that's worth.

Source? :)