PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 speakers and pc

HiCZoK4
05-20-08, 06:45 PM
I have 5.1 speakers connected to pc. I am using connector to connect 360 2rca cables to one jack and then to 2->1 jack connector to the green output in pc together with green jack ffrom speakers. So now I have full 5.1 under pc and stereo+sw for 360.

The point is.
If I have pc on and 360 off then front left/right speakers are very quiet compared to other one but when I turn 360 on or eject jack from pc output then sound is ok.
Also sound on 360 is quiet when pc is running on so I have to turn of pc to have loud 360 sound.

I suppose its all becouse 2->1 jack connector.

kev13dd
05-20-08, 09:02 PM
I have 5.1 speakers connected to pc. I am using connector to connect 360 2rca cables to one jack and then to 2->1 jack connector to the green output in pc together with green jack ffrom speakers. So now I have full 5.1 under pc and stereo+sw for 360.

The point is.
If I have pc on and 360 off then front left/right speakers are very quiet compared to other one but when I turn 360 on or eject jack from pc output then sound is ok.
Also sound on 360 is quiet when pc is running on so I have to turn of pc to have loud 360 sound.

I suppose its all becouse 2->1 jack connector.
I had similar issues trying to split audio between PC and Xbox

My final solution was hooking Xbox360 to audio-in on the soundcard. Sound is a tad quieter when I turn on my Xbox, but not very much so to be annoying

I wish I had digital-in on my soundcard cause then I'd actually have 5.1 on Xbox AND PC, rather than 5.1 on PC and left/right only on Xbox, but meh. I have wireless headphones that I use 80% of the time, so it works out the same anyways

K