PDA

View Full Version : Armor+

grey_1
05-20-08, 06:42 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133056

Any feedback on these yet? Looks like a beast of a case, and I'm in the market.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4782/1113305621dw3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bman212121
05-20-08, 06:47 PM
You can crawl inside of it and take a nap. They are pretty decent cases but that case seems almost too big to me. If you are only going to move it once it's okay but you wouldn't be able to fit it in your car unless you put it into the trunk.

grey_1
05-20-08, 07:07 PM
LOL, I saw a case with the new Xazer VI inside, and I think they are the same dimensions..flippen huge! :D

stevemedes
05-20-08, 07:11 PM
my friend has the older armor. its a damn sweet case functionality wise. i'm not in love with its aesthetics, but thats up to u. as a case, its perfect, so if you like the way it looks, go for it!

Bman212121
05-20-08, 07:12 PM
LOL, I saw a case with the new Xazer VI inside, and I think they are the same dimensions..flippen huge! :D

I think you mean you saw another case fit inside of the Xazer VI. Yes, it is basically the same case other than the looks.

grey_1
05-20-08, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I worded that badly..I meant the box the Xazer came in. :o

The Xazer is too gaudy for me, but i'm a fan of the black/blue or black/red themes.

Libertysyclone
05-20-08, 08:37 PM
its heavyx2 but a very well built case.

not a fan of PSU position and cable management is a tough one sometimes.

grey_1
05-20-08, 08:40 PM
its heavyx2 but a very well built case.

not a fan of PSU position and cable management is a tough one sometimes.
Is this what you have? I'd love to see a pic. :)

wolfgar
05-22-08, 12:49 PM
I have the previous edition. Armour w/ 250 side fan.

pros:

HUGE. I can fit anything in there (maybe not coolit systems because of the side fan panel. Have not tried)
Strong. its black a tank. I've seen pictures of people sitting on it.
Those front drive covers pop off easily, for access
the front fan (single in mine) is integrated into an easily front removable 3 bay cage. Cage can be positioned as desired.
Airflow: tons of options
insane number of drive bays.
You can put any CPU cooler in there. I have the zalman 9700nt: no problem. (actually looks small in the case)

Cons:

Did I mention HUGE. Look at the dimensions. All three are larger than standard.
Heavy...the steel model is very heavy, when empty. (but the aluminum version is reportedly weak/soft).
TT original fans, are not the greatest (only mid level sound and air flow). I have replaced several with better and quieter fans.
Side fan requires good space for airflow.
Expensive... but the best case I ever owned.
PSU placement can be difficult (for over sized PSU) due to riveted frame brace

other.

I like the new top cover design better than mine. I wish I could order a replacement top . It would probably fit as they seem to have not modified the core steel case design, just some of the plastic bits.
The front wings are both silly and attractive IMHO.

grey_1
05-22-08, 04:21 PM
I have the previous edition. Armour w/ 250 side fan.

pros:

HUGE. I can fit anything in there (maybe not coolit systems because of the side fan panel. Have not tried)
Strong. its black a tank. I've seen pictures of people sitting on it.
Those front drive covers pop off easily, for access
the front fan (single in mine) is integrated into an easily front removable 3 bay cage. Cage can be positioned as desired.
Airflow: tons of options
insane number of drive bays.
You can put any CPU cooler in there. I have the zalman 9700nt: no problem. (actually looks small in the case)

Cons:

Did I mention HUGE. Look at the dimensions. All three are larger than standard.
Heavy...the steel model is very heavy, when empty. (but the aluminum version is reportedly weak/soft).
TT original fans, are not the greatest (only mid level sound and air flow). I have replaced several with better and quieter fans.
Side fan requires good space for airflow.
Expensive... but the best case I ever owned.
PSU placement can be difficult (for over sized PSU) due to riveted frame brace

other.

I like the new top cover design better than mine. I wish I could order a replacement top . It would probably fit as they seem to have not modified the core steel case design, just some of the plastic bits.
The front wings are both silly and attractive IMHO.
You almost have me sold on this or the previous version. Do you have any pics on the forum?

thanks for the feedback btw.

K007
05-23-08, 03:45 AM
Seems like an overkill....Have u checked out the Antec 900?