PDA

View Full Version : Striker extreme upgrade help needed

Pennyboy
05-21-08, 07:35 PM
I finally got around to putting my CPU, RAM and mobo together yesterday and it has been a disaster. I have built many PCs before and never have I had so much trouble. I purchased an ASUS Striker extreme, Intel E8400 CPU and 4 gigs of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D memory.

Ok so i put it all together and started it up fine but it complained that it could not recogonize the CPU and to flash it. I flashed the mobo with the latest (1504) and it did not complain or fail but now when I start the PC up all i get is a black screen with all the fans etc working. The LCD on the back of the mobo just says CPU INIT. Can anyone help??

I have tried booting the PC with just one stick of ram and video card, triple checked all the cables are plugged in where they should go.

grey_1
05-21-08, 07:43 PM
I don't have that board, but I found this. Hope it helps, I saw similar answers on sevral forums.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20061214040418890&SLanguage=en-us&page=1&board_id=1&model=Striker%20Extreme

lduguay
05-21-08, 08:59 PM
RAM voltage is probably too low. Put one memory stick in the last slot (away from CPU). If it boots, increase RAM voltage to 2.1 - 2.2V. If it still fails, clear CMOS and try again with other sticks.

Pennyboy
06-18-08, 02:17 AM
Hey guys, f**K what a mission finally got my PC up and running 4 weeks later!. Had to RMA the board nothing worked. Even clearing the CMOS did not work, finally got a replacement board with the 1503 BIOS and it worked with my E8400.
Anyway happy that I am back up and running!