Zero Punctuation: Painkiller
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57-Painkiller

Makes me want to actually go kill some people...:headexplode:

|MaguS|
05-22-08, 06:01 AM
Awesome review!

HiCZoK4
05-22-08, 07:24 AM
Painkiller is awesome game. I have original one and addona and BLACK EDDITION :D Passed everything like 10 times :P But addon levels werent too godd. FIRST unpatched Painkiller is incredible
GREAT dark atmosphere!!! WOW.

I am so happy that he likes it :P

Ninjaman09
05-22-08, 08:18 AM
Yeah Painkiller was an awesome game, think I'll install it again soon I always forget I have it. :p

CaptNKILL
05-22-08, 08:33 AM
Painkiller was fun for a few levels but it got old pretty fast for me.

I think it would have been a lot more enjoyable if the weapons and ammo carried over between levels and the boss battles involved a bit less trial and error.

Tr1cK
05-22-08, 08:35 AM
Stakegun FTW!

Gaco
05-22-08, 08:51 AM
Haha made my day :D

Gaco
05-22-08, 08:55 AM
Wohoo Painkiller is available on Steam for 10$ :dance:

HiCZoK4
05-22-08, 08:59 AM
Wohoo Painkiller is available on Steam for 10$ :dance:
what are you waiting for soldier ? get it !!!

Gaco
05-22-08, 09:30 AM
what are you waiting for soldier ? get it !!!
Yes sir! Ehr mam! Eye-eye sir! I mean post-pos.. whatever.

Gonna try the demo first :angel2:

omg_dastard!
05-22-08, 11:05 AM
Painkiller was fun for a few levels but it got old pretty fast for me.

I think it would have been a lot more enjoyable if the weapons and ammo carried over between levels and the boss battles involved a bit less trial and error.

+1

I found it really boring after a while :( which is strange since i loved Serious sam.

CaptNKILL
05-22-08, 11:25 AM
+1

I found it really boring after a while :( which is strange since i loved Serious sam.
Serious Sam lasted longer for me, but toward the end it fell into the same "Ok this is just retarded..." trap with billions of enemies swarming you every 10 seconds.

Its strange because I love Doom. I can sit and play 10 levels of Doom without even thinking of stopping and Doom is probably the only other big name title that's similar to Serious Sam and Painkiller.

I think it has to do with the puzzle-like boss battles most of the time. I've never been into that kind of thing, even back in the 16bit era. Doom was much more straight forward with its killing. :p

JigenD
05-22-08, 12:25 PM
Serious Sam lasted longer for me, but toward the end it fell into the same "Ok this is just retarded..." trap with billions of enemies swarming you every 10 seconds.

Its strange because I love Doom. I can sit and play 10 levels of Doom without even thinking of stopping and Doom is probably the only other big name title that's similar to Serious Sam and Painkiller.

I think it has to do with the puzzle-like boss battles most of the time. I've never been into that kind of thing, even back in the 16bit era. Doom was much more straight forward with its killing. :p

I feel the exact same way. SS and Painkiller are less replayable than Doom because Doom has great level design (the lost art that has nothing to do with graphics). Just within the last few days I blew through the first episode of Doom 1 for the 1000th time (seriously, I've been playing through the game over and over for 15 years (not constantly)).

The bosses take too long to kill in Painkiller as well, at least on the harder skills.

LT.Schaffer
05-22-08, 01:40 PM
painkiller was a perfect game imo. :)

+1 Too bad it doesn't have Co-op:(

HiCZoK4
05-22-08, 01:43 PM
and too bad servers are empty

evox
05-22-08, 01:52 PM
Painkiller was great. Why doesn't Yahtzee ever focus on multiplayer? PK's multiplayer was awesome IMO.

bob saget
05-22-08, 01:57 PM
:lol2:
awesome review.
so funny :D

LT.Schaffer
05-22-08, 02:04 PM

That too:(

Gaco
05-22-08, 05:42 PM
And too bad widescreen is not supported.. :(

mgrrhhfh damn crappy lowres distorited 1280*1024 ggrrrmmf..

einstein_314
05-23-08, 12:35 AM
Painkiller was awesome. It was pure mindless fun.

Gaco
05-23-08, 08:09 AM
Nevermind about the widescreen stuff!

The steam demo version of Painkiller doesn't support widescreen - but the full version does! :D

HiCZoK4
05-23-08, 08:31 AM
I have Black Edition installed and it support widescreen 16:9 and 16:10 perfectly also you can type in console fov 94 for 16:10 if something dont scale right.

Gaco
05-23-08, 08:35 AM
BTW which difficulty do you guys play on? There are essentially two types of games: the one where the max difficulty level is the most challanging and fun and the other type where the max difficulty level equals too insanely difficult -> frustration. Which type is Painkiller? :)

CaptNKILL
05-23-08, 08:42 AM
BTW which difficulty do you guys play on? There are essentially two types of games: the one where the max difficulty level is the most challanging and fun and the other type where the max difficulty level equals too insanely difficult -> frustration. Which type is Painkiller? :)
I wouldn't play on max difficulty that's for sure.

I don't know what I played the game at but it was fairly easy in some areas and frustrating in others.

Gaco
05-23-08, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't play on max difficulty that's for sure.

I don't know what I played the game at but it was fairly easy in some areas and frustrating in others.
Are maybe you just sux0r at hardcore FPS? :eek2: :D

I'm really much in doubt.. just read this on the zero punctuation forum:

The replay value is surprisingly good as well, obviously there's the initial challenge to get all the tarot cards but the difficulty levels aren't just that the bad guys get tougher...instead on the top difficulty level you no longer get your health back on checkpoints and you don't get souls either which forces a different style of gameplay. Rather than go straight into the mobs and cut them all up with the painkiller as you can on lower difficulties you need a somewhat more strategic approach and good use of the Tarot cards can really make a difference.