PDA

View Full Version : Bethesda Signs Development Agreement With Splash Damage

SH64
05-22-08, 04:55 PM
The Elder Scrolls 5 : Oblivion Wars ? :wtf: :p
Bethesda announced a long-term development partnership with U.K. studio, Splash Damage, known for such titles as Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and most recently Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars. More details about the new title will be released at a later date.
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=52381

nekrosoft13
05-22-08, 05:15 PM
haha, WTF

how much more random can it get, plus after Quake Wars, who would want to work with them :|

evox
05-22-08, 05:20 PM
Say, I wonder if they need some help in optimising (not literally) the FPS-aspect of Fallout 3. Hopefully F3 will be better than TES4, otherwise Bethesda just butchered a legendary franchise.

a12ctic
05-22-08, 06:02 PM
Whats up with all the hate towards quake wars? Its a thousand times better than BF...

SH64
05-22-08, 06:04 PM
Whats up with all the hate towards quake wars? Its a thousand times better than BF...
BF2142 prolly but not BF2 .. :eek2:

BF2 still rules any game of its type out there IMO.

mojoman0
05-22-08, 08:34 PM
BF2142 prolly but not BF2 .. :eek2:

BF2 still rules any game of its type out there IMO.

ditto

Imbroglio
05-22-08, 09:53 PM
at least in quake wars you don't have to worry about you spawn point being firebombed every time you spawned, nothing quite like playing for 15 minutes and making it out of the spawn once.... that's anything but a stellar game

a12ctic
05-22-08, 10:01 PM
I agree with Imbroglio, quake wars actually takes a bit of thought, teamwork, and strategy. I think thats why its not as popular as it should be. Most people just want to sit down, forget about communicating with anyone, and drive a tank and shoot crap. Sure its fun every once in a while, but is it really what a FPS based around battle fields should be? Don't get me wrong, I loved 1942 and BF2 is decent, but Quake Wars makes the idea a whole lot deeper and is really refreshing compared to the BF series.

CaptNKILL
05-22-08, 11:12 PM
Maybe they want the Quake Wars engine for their future games.

That'd be pretty awesome as long as it doesn't come standard with 30fps animations... :barf: