PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Assassin Developer Shying Away From PC

SH64
05-22-08, 04:33 PM
In a recent interview Replay Studios founder Marc Moehring revealed that the current PC market is not healthy and that the German developer will move to console-only titles after it wraps up Velvet Assassin.
*Do you think that the offline PC market is still healthy?

MM: It’s not healthy. The problem is that we are not a huge team, and there are already a lot of good multiplayer games out there, so we're not looking to copy them.

Our game is very story-driven. From an atmosphere perspective it’s very deep, has a nice story and gives you fifteen to twenty hours of gameplay, so I think it’s different than other online World War II games. For a very story-heavy PC and Xbox 360 game, we think Velvet Assassin will work. For the future, I don’t know, but we will go for online for sure.

*So you’re looking into that now?

MM: Yes. We have two concepts. We are a second episode of Velvet Assassin to continue the story -- we have a lot of great ideas for that. We’re also working on our new game called Survivor, and we’re also going with that. That'll be just for next-gen consoles with no PC versions planned.

We are the first team in Germany that’s going console-only. Other teams are trying to keep making PC versions of games, but the PC market is not healthy enough.

*Even in Germany?

MM: Yes. It’s going down more to console. I think it’s better for us because with PC you have all these compatibility problems – new graphic cards, new PC chips, new system versions. It’s hard to handle, with a small team.
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18720

Like we give a ****! :wtf:

evox
05-22-08, 04:37 PM
QQ noobs.

We don't want your crappy titles anyway! :p

JigenD
05-22-08, 04:39 PM
Polar opposite of what Valve or Blizzard say, but it's closer to the truth. I mean sticking up for your platform of choice is one thing, but when someone denies reality, it's incredibly annoying.

nekrosoft13
05-22-08, 04:44 PM
Replay Studios have not created a single good game yet, Velvet could be first decent game from them.

Maybe if they would make good games they would sell better

JigenD
05-22-08, 04:47 PM
Replay Studios have not created a single good game yet, Velvet could be first decent game from them.

Maybe if they would make good games they would sell better

Why make good games when they can sell **** games on consoles and make money? Next game will be for Wii probably.

SH64
05-22-08, 04:59 PM
Why make good games when they can sell **** games on consoles and make money? Next game will be for Wii probably.
Wii Assassin! :thumbsup:

LordJuanlo
05-23-08, 02:27 AM
That kind of excuses just make me laugh

K007
05-23-08, 03:52 AM
Wait...is this Assassins Creed?

SH64
05-23-08, 09:28 AM
Wait...is this Assassins Creed?
Its a prequel for AC when Altair was just a novice assassin.

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 10:13 AM
Its a prequel for AC when Altair was just a novice assassin.
This has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed...

evox
05-23-08, 12:39 PM
This has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed...
He was being sarcastic.....

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 01:36 PM
He was being sarcastic.....
No he's not...

Feyy
05-23-08, 01:42 PM
Who the **** are Replay Studios? Who gives a **** about what they say and their crap game that nobody ever heard of?

KILL THIS THREAD

SH64
05-23-08, 06:54 PM
No he's not...
I was :eek2:

K007
05-23-08, 09:13 PM
lol...then its ok -.-.

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 09:35 PM
I was :eek2:
No you weren't...