PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 - Latest Goldrush Update WTF

evox
05-22-08, 05:02 PM
If you play (and enjoy) Goldrush, you should be pissed because of the "minor" change Valve made to the map:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=31574&stc=1&d=1211493487

There used to be a door there, and now it's gone. If you're playing as red, you can't properly flank enemies with a medic. This is totally lame and the rounds I played (while defending 1st cap) It obviously gave blu team an advantage. At the same time, when you're attacking, you'll be in a disadvantage as you're forced to go via sides and basically can't tank rush. (which is sometimes necessary when multiple SGs are around)

Why Valve why? You already nerfed the game to all hell, you release a noobify Hunted mode and then nerf it down even more? =\

:thumbdwn:

JigenD
05-22-08, 05:04 PM
I actually have played a few rounds, and I spent a good 20% of my total time on the map in that exact spot, so yea, I agree. More companies making horrible decisions, today feels like a really bad one. :(

Sobbsy
05-22-08, 06:17 PM
What a load of ****.

I use that entranceway constantly whether I'm attacking or defending. Goddamnit Valve, stop doing this ****.

"Fixed an exploit where the player launched the game"

nutcrackr
05-22-08, 06:56 PM
I think they probably saw that that point goes fast and from the top of my head it does tend to go fast once it's past that point partly because of that door.

Madpistol
05-22-08, 07:07 PM
That point was very interesting. It allowed the Red team easy access to the upper level of that platform, while it allowed the blue team to flank the cart and remove the red defenses near the point... clearly it's a two-way street. It seems to have helped and hurt both sides.

I guess I need to hop on and see what it does to gameplay overall.

bacon12
05-22-08, 07:34 PM
Yea I played it last night, and today and it was still there??

ChaoticNick
05-22-08, 09:20 PM
It's a fine change with me, but it bugs me a little that they did not mention this in the patch changelog. I thought I was playing on a modded map at first.

Sazar
05-23-08, 07:53 AM
I've got no issues with that point going. On defense, it prevents my sentry gun from having to deal with 4 points of attack and on offense it gives me more time to setup and take over the upstairs of the building in the picture to launch an attack.

No issues here :)

jeffmd
05-23-08, 11:29 AM
if your spending more then %20 of your time there.. it was too powerful a spot.

Ayepecks
05-23-08, 03:30 PM
if your spending more then %20 of your time there.. it was too powerful a spot.
Because one person spends a lot of his time there makes it too powerful a spot?

The offensive team wins almost all the time in Goldrush... why take out something that helps the defense?

Soetdjuret
05-25-08, 09:40 PM
Fail :(

Madpistol
05-25-08, 10:08 PM
Fail :(

Care to elaborate?

Sobbsy
05-25-08, 11:04 PM
Been playing it constantly the last few days, the change has totally rooted it. Now BLU just sets up endless little turtled bases in behind there and on the upper level, with sentries and dispensers absolutely everywhere and 100% protected teleporters. It basically comes down to either jumping in and dying, trying to go in with an uber and just get pinned against a wall by more sentries than you have time to kill, or sit outside with snipers and heavies waiting for them to either pop out or rush with ubers.

Complete ****.

skank
05-26-08, 01:47 AM
3 Ubered Demos will destroy a host of SGs in seconds flat. Come in behind with a couple soldiers and other assorted weaponry and say goodnight defence. It all comes down to how adept at teamplay your team are really. I will be able to give an opinion on the change once I play the map again though.

Sobbsy
05-26-08, 06:43 PM
3 Ubered Demos will destroy a host of SGs in seconds flat. Come in behind with a couple soldiers and other assorted weaponry and say goodnight defence. It all comes down to how adept at teamplay your team are really. I will be able to give an opinion on the change once I play the map again though.

Public servers. That is all.

I get my fun from our 4-times-a-week clan matches, but 80% of my time is spent in public servers and quite simply, it's nigh on impossible to find such coordination unless you happen to be playing with a stacked clan using mics and such (ie; tightasses with no sense of humor who are just in it for the game). Typically don't find that around public servers.

evox
05-26-08, 06:50 PM
(ie; tightasses with no sense of humor who are just in it for the game).
I hear ya, hate people like that. :thumbdwn:

poullos
05-27-08, 06:17 AM
I didn't find the addition BLU sided but...almost RED sided for most of the times, I played last night. RED engineers would build 1-2 sentries at the stairs and another on the window facing last point, which made it very difficult. When I joined RED and opposing team captured those places, I used soldier rocket jump to get behind. Even if I couldn't destroy sentries easily, keeping them busy and killing many of those coming from the stairs, gave enough time for my team to win.

As a result, after 1.5-2 hours playing GL was that almost all games finished at round 1...