PDA

View Full Version : New 'Oddworld' Game In Development!

SH64
05-22-08, 06:08 PM
Yay! Abe is back!
While still many years from completion, Maxis co-founder Jeff Braun revealed to the Cord Weekly that he is working with original series creators Oddworld Inhabitants on a new installment in the franchise. During a seminar at the Wilfrid Laurier University yesterday, Braun revealed that the new title may take the episodic route, but nothing was certain yet, although he did say that the new Oddworld game will have a revolutionary, cinematic quality 3D animation system rivaling that of CG motion pictures.
Details on "Oddworld returns, why E3 sucks and the future of games journalism" - games industry veteran Jeff Braun spills all here :
http://www.cordweekly.com/cordweekly/myweb.php?hls=10034&news_id=1747

evox
05-22-08, 06:12 PM
Great Interview :thumbsup:

CaptNKILL
05-22-08, 11:17 PM
I always thought these games looked cool but I don't think I've actually played them.

Are they standard platform jumpers or do they have realistic movement like Flashback, Another World and Blackthorne?

SH64
05-22-08, 11:21 PM
I always thought these games looked cool but I don't think I've actually played them.

Are they standard platform jumpers or do they have realistic movement like Flashback, Another World and Blackthorne?
The movement was realstic for its time .. you can see some here :

XmHlyVvRkkU

|MaguS|
05-22-08, 11:26 PM
The original 2D ones were great, the last two for the Xbox sucked ass so who knows if they still have it to make the quality they use to have.

crainger
05-22-08, 11:33 PM
Didn't the Abe games use motion blur? I mean not the DX9 3D type we have now, but I for some reason remember the faster moving guards being blurred.

CaptNKILL
05-22-08, 11:53 PM
The movement was realstic for its time .. you can see some here :

Cool.

Looks a lot like Out of This World\Another World and Flashback.

Mr. Hunt
05-22-08, 11:55 PM
Yeah... I enjoyed the sidescrolling ones... really hope this new one is going back to that.

crainger
05-22-08, 11:58 PM
Yeah... I enjoyed the sidescrolling ones... really hope this new one is going back to that.

I doubt it. Nothing can be 2D these days.

I always worry when I hear "will have a revolutionary, cinematic quality 3D animation system rivaling that of CG motion pictures."

sharvin
05-23-08, 03:16 AM
I doubt it. Nothing can be 2D these days.

They are making a revamped street fighter 2, called street fighter 2 turbo HD remix for xbox live, or have they finished it?

crainger
05-23-08, 03:18 AM
I think it's still coming, but that is Live. I'm talking bout Life dude.

AngelGraves13
05-23-08, 04:17 AM
Hope it has a PC version. Always loved these games!