PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 includes a feature length movie...

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 08:17 AM
The game will have cut scenes that last up to 90mins... Holy crap! Im even more excited to play the game now. They are usually the best part of the game. Good thing is that the game has supposedly 30 hours of gameplay aswell so no shortage of gameplay.

No wonder he filled up a BDROM, thats alot of dialog aswell...

ralinn
05-23-08, 08:19 AM
Whoa, that's awesome. I hope it's easy to follow though... MGS2 and 3 lost me in places. The story would just go nuts!

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 08:24 AM
Well the good thing is that you can now pause and even skip the scenes if you want so people who hate cutscenes have no excuse to complain.

ralinn
05-23-08, 08:25 AM
True ^_^

Ah, if only there were a rewind function ;)

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 08:32 AM
They need a "Wikipedia" function that when a confusing part comes up you press the button and it explains what the hell is going on... or maybe a mid cutscene save, that would work well aswell.

tornadog
05-23-08, 09:12 AM
If I skip the cutscenes will I follow the plot. That was my biggest problem with the one MGS game I played so far. There was just so many dialogues and then I hit esc, and dont have a clue whats to be done..Its looking more and more like I may be setting myself up for major disappointment with this game!!!!

Mr. Hunt
05-23-08, 09:18 AM
If I skip the cutscenes will I follow the plot. That was my biggest problem with the one MGS game I played so far. There was just so many dialogues and then I hit esc, and dont have a clue whats to be done..Its looking more and more like I may be setting myself up for major disappointment with this game!!!!

Of course you would be lost... that is like asking if you are reading a book, and skip 90 pages after reading 90 if you will get lost.... cutscenes in MGS games explain everything pretty much.

Personally, I am super excited about this...

LurkerLito
05-23-08, 10:47 AM
I fine with it as long as there is control in the cut scenes. Pause and skip would be mandatory but with several 90 minute sections I'd really hope they add fast forward and rewind.

LiquidX
05-23-08, 10:58 AM
Some people hate the cut scenes in MGS but I have always thought that was one of the best things about the series. I cannot wait.:)

OldOfEvil
05-23-08, 11:12 AM
Some people hate the cut scenes in MGS but I have always thought that was one of the best things about the series. I cannot wait.:)

Agreed. They were always of such high quality, voice actors and such, and even if the content was sometimes murky they made it engaging.

Would have never worked if they had Resident Evil style voice actors, "Take this lock pick Snake, since you are the master of unlocking.."

Peoples-Agent
05-23-08, 12:25 PM
No thanks.

I play games to have interaction with the story, not sit there and watch it all.

Deal breaker for me, haven't got time to waste an hour and half of just watching a game.

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 12:28 PM
Thing is it is unknown exactly where this long cutscene is, for all we know its during the end... when your done playing...

JigenD
05-23-08, 12:29 PM
Jeez 90 minutes. I've always liked cutscenes in games, especially real time 3d ones, since NES (not 3d or FMV of course). 90 minutes is a lot to sit through, I hear you can pause, but can you save mid way and turn everything off and come back to it? 90 minutes is a long time to watch without any gameplay either IMO. Eternal Sonata has like 30 minute cutscenes and those start to get to me!

HiCZoK4
05-23-08, 12:37 PM
HEHEHE anyone remember that easter egg form mgs2 near the end of game when little screen apperaed in corner of screen showing some asian chick talking something :D:D:D

Mr. Hunt
05-23-08, 12:44 PM
Thing is it is unknown exactly where this long cutscene is, for all we know its during the end... when your done playing...

Yeah... I am guessing the 90 minute cutscene will be at the end.

Peoples-Agent
05-23-08, 01:08 PM

That would be fine.... have to have a gander at some reviews.

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 01:31 PM
HEHEHE anyone remember that easter egg form mgs2 near the end of game when little screen apperaed in corner of screen showing some asian chick talking something :D:D:D
Best is that during MGS3 when Snake is talking to EVA you get prompts to hit R1 and you go into his perspective and see that he's staring at her chest or ass....

Ninja Prime
05-23-08, 03:42 PM
:rolleyes: Let me get this right, you guys are so fanboied out that you think this a good a thing?

Here's an idea, if he wants to make movies with horrible horrible characters with campy dialogue and long pauses, make movies and watch them bomb like the peices of crap they are.

Who wants to sit through several 90 minute FMV cut scenes just to follow the already overly complicated story, really?

This quote sums it up:

I've said before elsewhere that MGS had/has quite a good engine etc - and it's a crying shame to waste it on the fantasies of artistic worth of some japanese dropout.

NaitoSan
05-23-08, 04:41 PM
Hideo Kojima is a filmmaker and game designer... he knows what he's doing and he's great at it. MGS is very movie-alike to begin with so what are you guys expecting? If you don't like MGS overall, then don't play or even buy it.

I'm really excited about MGS4 and I've always loved their cutscenes. They're extremely well done. I dig all Metal Gear games and I'll probably be emotionally sad after MGS4 ends.

LORD-eX-Bu
05-23-08, 06:34 PM
I hope the ending is the 90-min cutscene... I hate playing a game all the way through to get some chump ass 30 second out-tro and thats it.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=187049

:eek2:

KasuCode
05-23-08, 10:34 PM
I guess the game isnt for everyone then. I love MGS and I play the game to get to the cutscenes. If it wasnt for the cutscenes I would not enjoy the game as much as I do. I play games like MGS for the story. MGS tells the best storys in cutscenes. MGS has always been a great action game with great characters and with the most fitting music for a surprisingly emotional experience that will never let you forget.

Cutscenes in MGS = sex. This game without them is like life with out it.

firehawk
05-24-08, 01:18 AM
MGS series sorta lost me at 3 .....and that was why.

loved the cut scenes but hated the game. i only played to watch the movie :|

npras42
05-26-08, 12:42 PM
:rolleyes: Let me get this right, you guys are so fanboied out that you think this a good a thing?

Here's an idea, if he wants to make movies with horrible horrible characters with campy dialogue and long pauses, make movies and watch them bomb like the peices of crap they are.

Who wants to sit through several 90 minute FMV cut scenes just to follow the already overly complicated story, really?

This quote sums it up:

Honestly, what difference does it make. Metal Gear has always had really long cutscenes and if you were that adverse to them in the first place you shouldn't play the latest one either. There will still be gameplay there, and no doubt the gameplay will still be of very high quality, and I like story-filled games so if HK feels he needs a 90 min cutscene to wrap everything up, then let him.

Its his game, his franchise (of course Konami's IP, but you know what I mean) and his story.

ralinn
05-26-08, 01:00 PM

Me.

Bring it on I say. Like I said before, when I finally get this game, I'm gonna masturbate like a 13 year old.

[EDIT: Ok, I didn't mention 13 year olds before...]

H3avyM3tal
05-26-08, 02:14 PM
Now now, I think they are wrong and meant to say that all of the cut scenes in the game add up to 90+ minutes. However, I dont really know if its more realistic...