PDA

View Full Version : good riddance

tornadog
05-23-08, 11:16 AM
Wow!! talk about crazy people, the wiifit is selling for 150 bucks plus and pretty much sold out everywhere!! I wonder what kind of commentary is it on the American society of today. There is recession, gas prices are at an alltime high and all people want is to look fit in the eyes of a videogame...wow, just wow!!!

JigenD
05-23-08, 01:38 PM
Wow!! talk about crazy people, the wiifit is selling for 150 bucks plus and pretty much sold out everywhere!! I wonder what kind of commentary is it on the American society of today. There is recession, gas prices are at an alltime high and all people want is to look fit in the eyes of a videogame...wow, just wow!!!

Isn't it only $90 US? Nintendo are marketing gods, they're up there with Apple now. The amazing thing is I don't see how they did it.

Everyone with a brain expected an out-of-date hardware system, grossly overpriced, with a dumb name like 'Wii' to crash and burn, as it should have. However Nintendo literally copied Apple's marketing techniques (the thing even looks like it could be designed by Apple) and made this thing.

Thing is, if Apple ever decided to go into the console market, I'm sure they could wipe the floor with Nintendo (and everyone else) with their marketing skills. At least the Xbox and Playstation platforms would still have a fanbase, but Nintendo betrayed their old fanbase for the Apple fanbase.

tornadog
05-23-08, 01:47 PM
Retail is 90 but I am talking about the price on Ebay.