PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV PS3 Online is RUBBISH!

Peoples-Agent
05-23-08, 04:51 PM
It really is useless.

We've had a patch...great.

Every single time I try get into a game tonight I get constant disconnects and allsorts of problems.

NAT type 2 on a 21MBit down / 2.3MBit up that has been fantastic in other games for the PS3 and 360.

Is there a general server issue tonight? or is this what I can come to expect?

I forgave the crashing issues that were resolved for me with the patch, but this is forcing my hand. For online play I will have to buy the 360 version and lose money on the trade in.

Two fingers up at Rockstar!

Hambone
05-23-08, 05:09 PM
PS3 online has always worked fine for me. The 360 and PS3 versions do have totally different multiplayer networking structures.

The PS3 bitching and your 360 controller avatar makes me wonder though. :p

JigenD
05-23-08, 06:24 PM
Some PS3 games work really great online for me and some work really poorly. GTA4 works surprisingly well on my 360. I think PS3 is more finicky with routers. I can set my PS3 on DMZ but for some reason that actually makes things worse.

Marvel_us
05-23-08, 06:31 PM
Never had a problem playing online with GTA4. A friend of mine always has disconnects but it's due to his router because it happens in every game.

Peoples-Agent
05-23-08, 07:02 PM
PS3 online has always worked fine for me. The 360 and PS3 versions do have totally different multiplayer networking structures.

The PS3 bitching and your 360 controller avatar makes me wonder though. :p

Well I opted for the PS3 version over the 360, and i've done the same with Battlefield Bad Company so i'm hoping I don't get a repeat let down.

....if BC fails, I won't buy anymore multi platform titles for the PS3 ever again and it will sit there as a glorified blu-ray player until a decent priced 2.0 standalone comes along.

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 07:03 PM
Why don't you wait for reviews prior to buying the titles if you are so worried about cross platform titles?

LORD-eX-Bu
05-23-08, 07:28 PM
online has always worked fine here, maybe its your ISP.