PDA

View Full Version : My Lappy is dying I think...

|MaguS|
05-23-08, 09:41 PM
Im having issues with my laptop lately. If I stress it too much it either reboots or shuts down. I have been having trouble playing games with it. I already contacted Eurocom and they are going to look into it but I gotta send it in. So I will be without a PC for a week or so unless I can get one from my job for the time being or buy a cheap one at Best Buy while I wait...

Only downside of owning a lappy... when it goes bad your ****ed. =\

nekrosoft13
05-24-08, 01:23 AM
did you monitor temps? how high does it get when it reboots or shut downs?

is reboot caused by BSOD or loss of power?

mullet
05-24-08, 10:07 AM
Time to build a PC. :p

|MaguS|
05-24-08, 03:56 PM
I don't like desktops anymore, bulky and doesn't help when I need to be portable. Also if it was having the same issue I would be still without a PC untill I replaced the part.

Nekro, I did monitor it acouple times and it never seemed above normal. It doesn't BSOD either, it just reboots or powers off out of the blue when being taxed. I could be zipping a file and have it reboot on me.

Im guessing its a power supply issue.

H3avyM3tal
05-24-08, 04:46 PM
Thats because you call it Lappy...
Seriously now, it does seem like a problem with power supply.
Maybe your brick is dying.

David power
05-24-08, 06:27 PM
It doesnt BSOD does it?

my laptop began to hang when i tryed to play COD5 on it, either that or it just wasnt able to play a game thats not out yet..... decided taht i was going to make all posts with out back space. with out using back space.

|MaguS|
05-24-08, 06:40 PM
It doesnt BSOD does it?

Yeah, no BSOD.

Im thinking of picking up one of those gateway's from Best Buy while mines away (no clue how long it will take) and then I could always just sell it or something. I got tons of reward points and coupons that would drop it to a nice amount and maybe the company will let me charge it. ;)

David power
05-24-08, 06:44 PM
Yeah, no BSOD.

Im thinking of picking up one of those gateway's from Best Buy while mines away (no clue how long it will take) and then I could always just sell it or something. I got tons of reward points and coupons that would drop it to a nice amount and maybe the company will let me charge it. ;)

Agreed so, let the company pay!

Gateway laptops are nice too.