PDA

View Full Version : GigaByte GA-7VRXP Mulitiplier Problem

DoinkyBottoms
08-25-02, 04:29 PM
My computer refuses to boot with certain multipliers. I have a GigaByte GA-7VRXP (KT333) and a thunderbird 1333 266. The motherboard has a bank of DIP switches that are used to set the multiplier. Only half of them work. Probably a quarter will work every 1 in 10 reboots. I have tried it with my L1 bridges cut and filled(with pencil trick). The strange thing is that the AUTO setting is one that only works part of the time. The most stable setting is 1400 MHZ (10.5 X 133). I even tried changing the host clock setting from 133 to 100. I am wondering if the problem would go away if I had an Athlon XP. Maybe it's just my junky processor. I know that it will hit 1523 MHz easy from my last mobo.

netviper13
08-25-02, 04:56 PM
Sounds like it's either you mobo, or you messed up the processor when playing around with the bridges. T-Bird 1333s come factory unlocked, so there's no need for L1 mods.

DoinkyBottoms
08-25-02, 06:35 PM
I already sent back the mobo once so I don't think that's it. As for the processor, I thought I had to fill in the bridges to overclock, they are definately cut, but either way I never had trouble with my last motherboard and this processor.