PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix goes whoops

Lyme
05-26-08, 08:59 PM
http://kotaku.com/393195/square-enix-lose-money-need-more-greenbacks

Man, whatever they did to lose so many sales in North America really hurt their bottom line. It just goes to show you that continually squeezing the same market doesn't increase sales by much.

Madpistol
05-26-08, 11:37 PM
Yeouch.

|MaguS|
05-26-08, 11:53 PM
well they haven't released anything worthwhile in a couple years... their last big title to release was FFXII... unless you wana count crisis core.

jeffmd
05-27-08, 01:46 AM
Yea the problem with square is their release schedule sucks. Crysis core was a nice gem on the psp but.. its a sized down rpg game for a portable system. FF12 was released ages ago and wasn't quite as much of a block buster as its previouse games thanks to its experimental and basic fighting engine. And while 2 final fantasies at the same time is awesome, they both seem to have quite some time before seeing the light of day.

S.I.N
05-27-08, 01:52 AM
They have all there eggs in Sony's basket which is not such a good thing right now.

OldOfEvil
05-27-08, 02:43 AM
Probably help if they released a good game, they haven't done so in a long while..

Mr. Hunt
05-27-08, 04:07 AM
Hope they keep losing money until they give me a dang FFVII REMAKE!

Ninja Prime
05-27-08, 05:34 AM
They need to release some Wii FF/DQ games, even if they are remakes. Wii has 3 times the user base of PS3.

crainger
05-27-08, 06:21 AM
They need to release more PC games. PC gaming is where da money is.

O_o_0

NarcissistZero
05-27-08, 08:31 AM
They have all there eggs in Sony's basket which is not such a good thing right now.

They haven't even released a PS3 game yet and they have several 360 games lined up... they really have all their big eggs in the DS and PSP baskets, which is VERY sound business-wise. Stop bashing the PS3 with your eyes closed.

six_storm
05-27-08, 08:47 AM
Hope they keep losing money until they give me a dang FFVII REMAKE!

+1

S.I.N
05-27-08, 11:48 AM
They haven't even released a PS3 game yet and they have several 360 games lined up... they really have all their big eggs in the DS and PSP baskets, which is VERY sound business-wise. Stop bashing the PS3 with your eyes closed.

They should have supported the 360 and even Wii early on instead of announcing like 5 games for the PS3 which wont be out for years. All this time they could have dropped one decent game on those system which might have helped the 360 userbase in Japan and branched them out like Capcom. Its like there scornfully supporting Nintendo and the 360 while waiting to release the next FF's on PS3. Heh, and I'm one of the biggest PS3 supports around here.

|MaguS|
05-27-08, 12:12 PM
All they need to do is release a Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3 and they will be knee deep in money. Everyone wants one, especially after those teaser trailers...

Severian126
05-27-08, 01:10 PM
Square is kinda sorta turning into EA. They're releasing too many sub-par games in a rush to capitalize on the brand name.

They need to get that FF7 remake out fast, and the next FF. That's where their money is at. Stop wasting resources on crappy games.

Mr. Hunt
05-27-08, 02:11 PM
Square is kinda sorta turning into EA. They're releasing too many sub-par games in a rush to capitalize on the brand name.

They need to get that FF7 remake out fast, and the next FF. That's where their money is at. Stop wasting resources on crappy games.

Agree... although I enjoyed Crisis Core... they really need to work on the games more... Dirge of Cerberus or whatever wasn't good at all... they are just milking it bad... I know a remake is milking it also... but in a good way lol... just like SF2HDturbo or whatever.

Lyme
05-27-08, 08:38 PM
Stop bashing the PS3 with your eyes closed.

Bashing the ps3 with your eyes open might blind you, if your using your head.

NarcissistZero
05-27-08, 10:24 PM
All they need to do is release a Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3 and they will be knee deep in money. Everyone wants one, especially after those teaser trailers...

Yes. I think we need more remakes in general, and some real graphic powerhouse remakes would be great. Where are the special editions like we get with DVDs? Who wouldn't pay for an enhances MG: Solid, or FFVII?

Instead we get a DS remake of FFIV which actually makes it look worse, in my opinion.

Ninja Prime
05-28-08, 12:58 AM
Yes. I think we need more remakes in general, and some real graphic powerhouse remakes would be great. Where are the special editions like we get with DVDs? Who wouldn't pay for an enhances MG: Solid, or FFVII?

Instead we get a DS remake of FFIV which actually makes it look worse, in my opinion.

Yeah, I donno wtf they were smoking when they thought it would be a good idea to make a 3d remake on DS... FFIV is tied with FFVI for my favorite FF ever, sure would have been nice to see it on Wii, or even 360 with graphics that match the FMV cutscenes in the DS version. :D