PDA

View Full Version : Native Resolution of MGS4?

Pages : [1] 2

Sowk
05-29-08, 01:40 PM
Native Resolution of MGS4?

Links would be great.

nekrosoft13
05-29-08, 01:56 PM
game is not released yet, no one probably really know.

most likelly 720p, wait few days after release for people to test/find out, publisher or developer won't say.

JaylumX
05-29-08, 01:58 PM
Quazi of Beyond3D has calculated that the game is 1024x768 - Based on Metal Gear Solid Online. Not sure how the retail version fares mind but obviously when that comes out, Quazi will throttle it with his pixel counting powers. BTW Quazi is a very reliable source when it comes to this sort of stuff.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1113342&postcount=2

S.I.N
05-29-08, 02:07 PM
What does it matter as long as the game still looks bad ass and better that 95% of whats out there?

Sowk
05-29-08, 02:25 PM
What does it matter as long as the game still looks bad ass and better that 95% of whats out there?

Why does there always have to be one.... I know you don't care about quality, but some of us do.

S.I.N
05-29-08, 02:43 PM
Why does there always have to be one.... I know you don't care about quality, but some of us do.

So that fact the game will still look better than nearly anything out there wont matter because its not exactly 720p or better? Ok...:headexplode:

Sowk
05-29-08, 03:17 PM
There is a better forum for you, AVSforum in the console area, no one there cares about quality too. :)

And how do you know it's going to look better then nearly any other game?

It looks good, but better then:

COD4?
Gears of War?
GT5?
Crysis?

I can name alot more.

Ninja Prime
05-29-08, 03:25 PM
So that fact the game will still look better than nearly anything out there wont matter because its not exactly 720p or better? Ok...:headexplode:

"Fact" ? None of the screens/vids look that great to me. Certainly not Crysis quality.

ralinn
05-29-08, 05:33 PM
Gah, too many people link game quality to GFX! :'(

Surely, just because a game doesn't look like the pinnacle of graphical technology, doesn't mean it's lacking of quality...

duffy_chucky
05-29-08, 05:39 PM
i agree with you ralinn ! definitly !

last time i play a console game, it was forza2. i plug it on my fire ibm CRT 22" , let's start, and roll few hours. after tried few car, i was forced to admit car handle sucks.
Graphics are really fine on their side , but i stick with rFactor.

|MaguS|
05-29-08, 05:49 PM
I heard the native resolution is going to be 600x800. :o

ralinn
05-29-08, 05:51 PM
Pre-order cancelled.

Sowk
05-29-08, 05:56 PM
Why would you pre-order a video game? Unless you get something free, I don't see the point.

ralinn
05-29-08, 05:59 PM
Saves me going to the shop to buy it! Nothing like getting something delivered to your door on the day of release.

Yes, I'm lazy. Shops = effort :D

Sowk
05-29-08, 07:02 PM
Gah, too many people link game quality to GFX! :'(

Surely, just because a game doesn't look like the pinnacle of graphical technology, doesn't mean it's lacking of quality...

Says the man with 2 GT's in SLI. LOL :)

H3avyM3tal
05-30-08, 03:41 AM
I feel sorry for you, youre acting as if MGS4 looks like MK2 or something...
And what is even more funny is the FACT that this game IS better than 95% of what is out there, and until you play it you wont know if its MORE FUN (ie BETTER) than COD4 and Gears.
Grow up please and get a bit more serious...

ralinn
05-30-08, 07:45 AM
Says the man with 2 GT's in SLI. LOL :)
Haha, I actually only have one now. Don't get me wrong, I love good GFX in a game, but I wouldn't judge a games quality on that alone. :)

Ninja Prime
05-31-08, 12:10 AM
I feel sorry for you, youre acting as if MGS4 looks like MK2 or something...
And what is even more funny is the FACT that this game IS better than 95% of what is out there, and until you play it you wont know if its MORE FUN (ie BETTER) than COD4 and Gears.
Grow up please and get a bit more serious...

Again, "Fact"? So, you've played it? lol.

H3avyM3tal
05-31-08, 03:09 AM
Again, "Fact"? So, you've played it? lol.

"LOL". There are some games that you can't argue with, so please stop being so smart...
It's like saying that the next GT, FF, Gears, SC and almost any other big name game will suck... So yeah, there ARE facts.

Ninja Prime
05-31-08, 02:59 PM
"LOL". There are some games that you can't argue with, so please stop being so smart...
It's like saying that the next GT, FF, Gears, SC and almost any other big name game will suck... So yeah, there ARE facts.

Preach on fanboy, lol.

H3avyM3tal
05-31-08, 04:20 PM
Preach on fanboy, lol.

Wow, an angel of pure intellect and neutrality!

Ninja Prime
05-31-08, 04:23 PM
Wow, an angel of pure intellect and neutrality!

Yes, because something like "You cant argue with the graphics of these titles because their names are so big..." is so analytical and intelligent. :rolleyes:

H3avyM3tal
05-31-08, 04:46 PM
Yes, because something like "You cant argue with the graphics of these titles because their names are so big..." is so analytical and intelligent. :rolleyes:

And where exactly did I say that? :headexplode:

Ninja Prime
05-31-08, 05:14 PM
And where exactly did I say that? :headexplode:

Right here, I just shortened it:

There are some games that you can't argue with, so please stop being so smart...

H3avyM3tal
05-31-08, 05:29 PM
Right here, I just shortened it:

Yes, ofcourse, I bow to your analytical power...

I said "the game will suck"
There were no "(~~graphics~~)" anywere right? or you can spot my invisible pixel ink with your super sight?
Stop being rulled by your own ideas for a second will you?