PDA

View Full Version : New Far Cry 2 fottage! 360 and PS3 *ownage*

Pages : [1] 2

Soetdjuret
05-30-08, 07:15 AM
http://www.infarcry.com/downloadvideo.php?id=53

Amazing if you ask me, this game looks better and better!

3DBrad
05-30-08, 08:26 AM
Apparently the 360 version runs at "medium" compared to the PC, so I guess the PS3 runs at medium-ish too. (heard this on one of the Gametrailers vidcasts).

brady
05-30-08, 08:33 AM
Apparently the 360 version runs at "medium" compared to the PC, so I guess the PS3 runs at medium-ish too. (heard this on one of the Gametrailers vidcasts).

I think this (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189802&skip=yes) is where that comes from.

How are the PS3/360 versions shaping up and did they impose any limitations on developing the PC version?

Pharand: The console versions look and play great. They're stunning!

After the Games Conventions in Leipzig last year, the engineering team had as a mandate to port our engine (DUNIA) to console. So it could be used by other Ubisoft titles.

The team wanted to push its limits and decided to use Far Cry 2 data. The game looked great and we decided at that point to do some R&D to see the feasibility of having the same game on consoles.

They did it! So why not have more gamers enjoy the experience? That being said we started as a PC game and we are still a dedicated PC team. Since we want to have as many PC gamers enjoy the experience, the console developments actually helped the mid-requirement settings on PC.

That's the long answer, the short one: we did not impose limitations on the PC version.

Wasn't the PC suppose to get a demo in the spring? What happened with that?

nekrosoft13
05-30-08, 08:36 AM

that is usually the case

Soetdjuret
05-30-08, 08:53 AM
So if i get this right, the console version will run on medium settings? Anyway after watching this clipp it makes me wonder why crysis isn't possible on consoles.

six_storm
05-30-08, 09:00 AM
That actually looks really good. I just wonder if the game will be THAT smooth when it releases . . . Oh well, I'll be getting it for PC anyways.

brady
05-30-08, 09:01 AM
So if i get this right, the console version will run on medium settings? Anyway after watching this clipp it makes me wonder why crysis isn't possible on consoles.

Crysis most certainly is possible on consoles, just not at the same quality level as "very high" on a PC.

nekrosoft13
05-30-08, 09:04 AM
Crysis could be possible on console from day one, what Crytek meant that they would have to reduce certain aspects of the game to get ir running.

Ambrose
05-30-08, 09:07 AM
I don't know, for some reason the game looks a whole lot shallower from watching that clip. It's like you don't even need to find cover anymore. :(

Soetdjuret
05-30-08, 09:24 AM
I don't know, for some reason the game looks a whole lot shallower from watching that clip. It's like you don't even need to find cover anymore. :(
And you think that its nothing you can option? Just crank up the difficultie like in crysis, you die on 10 bullets, take cover!

This is most likey godmode set up for this trailer as he doesn't flash red when he gets hit like in the gameplay offscreen ubidays videos.

CaptNKILL
05-30-08, 09:31 AM
Looks good.

Also, it looked like they had some kind of god mode on. The player was being shot in the face the entire time. I wouldn't expect the game to play like that when its released...

AthlonXP1800
05-30-08, 09:52 AM
Wow Far Cry 2 looked great on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Soetdjuret almost said "frottage" in the title. :naughty:

m3dude
05-30-08, 10:38 AM

its possible at lower settings, but far cry 2 isnt rendering anywhere near the level of graphics crysis is.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
05-30-08, 11:34 AM

Because Farcry 2 isn't on the same level as Crysis as far as technology goes.

JigenD
05-30-08, 11:37 AM

They also said the console versions would have all the PC version content, including the dynamic weather and time of day systems.

Hey, if this is medium, and high is just some extra texture detail and such, I don't even care anyways. What they've done here is pretty amazing.

its possible at lower settings, but far cry 2 isnt rendering anywhere near the level of graphics crysis is.

This is true, basically. I don't know how efficient Crysis was programmed either for that matter. Far Cry 2 seems to look great, but if you look at shots, Crysis on max details certainly looks better.

Because Farcry 2 isn't on the same level as Crysis as far as technology goes.

But the thing is FarCry 2 does do some things Crysis doesn't. Crysis has scripted time of day and such, while it'll be dynamic in Far Cry 2. Plus FarCry 2 is going to be a big open area, not semi-open levels.

3DBrad
05-30-08, 02:57 PM
Crysis time of day can be changed, where it changes quicker or slower, so I don't know why people keep mentioning that. :p

There's even an option in multiplayer, so set how long is one day (like 30 minutes = one day cycle, or whatever you want).

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/techrelated/CryEngine2exmple.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited and can't wait to buy Far Cry 2, and I'm hoping the editor tools that have been mentioned are nice as well.

XDanger
05-30-08, 04:36 PM
The explosions in the vid look weak with no physics involved.

I trust the PC version isn't like that.

Soetdjuret
05-30-08, 04:41 PM
Crysis on max details certainly looks better.
:bs:

But the thing is FarCry 2 does do some things Crysis doesn't. Crysis has scripted time of day and such, while it'll be dynamic in Far Cry 2.
:bs:

JigenD
05-30-08, 06:20 PM
Crysis time of day can be changed, where it changes quicker or slower, so I don't know why people keep mentioning that. :p

There's even an option in multiplayer, so set how long is one day (like 30 minutes = one day cycle, or whatever you want).

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/techrelated/CryEngine2exmple.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited and can't wait to buy Far Cry 2, and I'm hoping the editor tools that have been mentioned are nice as well.

It has changing time of day, but it's scripted, at least in SP. In the demo you can sit on the shore for days, it will stay nighttime, once you go further in the level, day breaks.

Soetdjuret
05-30-08, 06:46 PM
It has changing time of day, but it's scripted, at least in SP. In the demo you can sit on the shore for days, it will stay nighttime, once you go further in the level, day breaks.

Thats something you can change with settings pretty easy.

m3dude
05-30-08, 07:48 PM
that was cryteks design choice. the game supports a full day night cycle if thats how u want to design your map that way. the 2 features far cry 2 has that crysis doesnt are dynamic weather and forest fires

3DBrad
05-30-08, 08:09 PM
Dynamic fire. . .in Crysis :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTqh7oiFw4U

JigenD
05-30-08, 08:37 PM

To be honest, I don't think much of the dynamic fire in Far Cry 2 (obviously I'll have to play it to see for real). The Alone in the Dark 5 seems really cool though, the way objects turn to cinders over time, and their breakability and such changes, plus that fire is amazing looking!

m3dude
05-30-08, 10:09 PM

thats scripted, it isnt rly dynamic. also the fire in that crysis mod looks extremely terrible and the vegetation doesnt even rly burn.

K007
05-30-08, 11:03 PM
xYPr9L_7UuE&