PDA

View Full Version : Should I or Should I Not?


YeaYea911
05-30-08, 02:31 PM
Ok,

A friend of mine (Whom I purchased my 8800 GTX's from early last year) is selling his 9800 GX2's for $350 a pop. He emailed me earlier today to see if I was interested in buying them.

Do I take the plunge or not? In my rig, I have the 8800 GTX's SLI'ed. I have gotten great performance out of them. I have been reading some reviews, some have said to upgrade, other reviews have said to hold off. I am seriously considering biting the bullet on this one and purchase the cards. I also want to be able to get some value out of my cards before the new 10 series cards come out in a few weeks.

Also keep in mind that I have an AMD FX-60 Processor with 2GB of Ram running Vista 64 Ultimate. Will my processor be a bottleneck since it is older technology and be able to drive these beasts?

Opinions please?!?!?! What do I do?

Anthony

CaptNKILL
05-30-08, 02:37 PM
Meh... I wouldn't.

Less graphics memory and more driver issues.

Wait for the GTX 280.

Or buy his cards and sell them on ebay. :p

Dazz
05-30-08, 03:22 PM
No not worth it with that kind of processor you are already CPU limited.

andy_nv
05-30-08, 03:23 PM
Upgrade CPU, mobo and RAM. :)

JaxMacFL
05-30-08, 03:53 PM
What ^he says^.