PDA

View Full Version : Asus A8V-X

seeker
05-30-08, 09:33 PM
My computer has been down for a couple of weeks because of a couple of lemon MBs that I was sent. The first one simply would not produce video output, and the second one was far worse, because although it seemed fine at first (30 minutes), it started all kinds of strange behavior including sudden change of resolution, loss of normal color, bsods, upon reboot saying that it couldn't find the Windows license, and finally producing and 0x7B BS0D on each reboot.

After going round and round with the vender for several days, I finally ordered another one from a different vender, which should have arrived today, but didn't. I would have reinstalled my old motherboard before I did today, but that is another kettle of fish, better left uncooked for now.

I'm hoping the MB that I'm waiting on is good, but after two lemons in a row, I'm not too optimistic. Asus is supposed to be one of the top MBs, so I was surprised at what happened with these two. The question is whether this is a problem line of boards for Asus, or if I'm just extremely "lucky"?

seeker
06-06-08, 07:27 PM
Does a manufacturer assume any liability for the damage that a product of their's may cause to a person's computer? The A8V-X that I started this thread about fried 3 of my optical drives and perhaps a harddrive. In addition, it may have also been the cause of my keyboard and modem to have failed, but that might be coincidental. I know from experience when a motherboard goes, it always takes something along with it.

Medion
06-06-08, 07:52 PM
Does a manufacturer assume any liability for the damage that a product of their's may cause to a person's computer? The A8V-X that I started this thread about fried 3 of my optical drives and perhaps a harddrive. In addition, it may have also been the cause of my keyboard and modem to have failed, but that might be coincidental. I know from experience when a motherboard goes, it always takes something along with it.

Dude, as bad as ASUS is, you'll be lucky if they even replace the motherboard.

seeker
06-06-08, 08:02 PM
Medion,

I was anticipating your response, but although I asked in this thread, my question was really more general. Whether a manufacturer assume libility or not, they are liable. Of course, in most cases, it is not worth the hassle or expense to force a company to live up to their responsibilities.

APC has an insurance policy that covers up to $150,000 if one of their units damages your PC. But then, I do not know if anybody has ever collected.