PDA

View Full Version : 4x9800Gx2 Oct-SLI MONSTER!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Soetdjuret
05-31-08, 06:33 PM
http://www.sweclockers.com/imagebank/200805/Belgiskdator001.jpg

OMFG!!!!!! :afraid:

Crysis on max, here i come!

Dazz
05-31-08, 06:41 PM
Haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDoOV0FFPvA

And thats only one you can imagine what 4 can do :eek:

Soetdjuret
05-31-08, 06:45 PM
Fake, but yeah i get the point :o

Eliminator
05-31-08, 07:04 PM
imagine the power consumption on that...

simmonmsi
05-31-08, 07:11 PM
imagine the power consumption on that...

Imagine how incredibly stupid that looks.

Soetdjuret
05-31-08, 07:35 PM
Imagine how incredibly stupid that looks.

Stupid? You are stupid.. It looks awesome!

SH64
05-31-08, 07:41 PM
:cool:

rudedog
05-31-08, 08:09 PM
Fake, but yeah i get the point :o

It's not fake its from University of Antwerp in Belgium.

Read more about their setup and what they are doing (non game related) here (http://www.dvhardware.net/article27538.html)

This new system is used by the ASTRA research group, part of the Vision Lab of the University of Antwerp, to develop new computational methods for tomography. The guys explain the eight NVIDIA GPUs deliver the same performance for their work as more than 300 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz processors. On a normal desktop PC their tomography tasks would take several weeks but on this NVIDIA-based "supercomputer" it only takes a couple of hours. The NVIDIA graphics cards do the job very efficiently and consume a lot less power than a real supercomputer cluster.

It was posted on [H] a couple days ago here (http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzI3MDUsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=)

trivium nate
05-31-08, 08:48 PM
sick!!!

simmonmsi
05-31-08, 09:25 PM
Stupid? You are stupid.. It looks awesome!

No it looks fuking idiotic as hell and to even think that someone would dump that much money into expensive GPU's just to play a video game make it even dumber. Tell me what other games are out there besides Crysis that a single 9800GTX or 8800 Series card cannot handle just fine? yeah, I thought so.

With the majority of games these days on the PC being nothing but console port overs this kinda set up is just plain silly and ridiculous.

Nvidia are pure market geniuses though as they seem to have a few morons like yourself fooled into thinking the more GPU's the BeTteRRR!!!

mojoman0
05-31-08, 09:50 PM
No it looks fuking idiotic as hell and to even think that someone would dump that much money into expensive GPU's just to play a video game make it even dumber. Tell me what other games are out there besides Crysis that a single 9800GTX or 8800 Series card cannot handle just fine? yeah, I thought so.

With the majority of games these days on the PC being nothing but console port overs this kinda set up is just plain silly and ridiculous.

Nvidia are pure market geniuses though as they seem to have a few morons like yourself fooled into thinking the more GPU's the BeTteRRR!!!

wtf they made it to compete against a multimillion dollar supercomputer which is does extraordinarily well in, not to play games with.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/29/researchers-create-supercomputer-with-four-geforce-9800-gx2-card/

It's far from the first supercomputer created with the help of some gaming hardware, but this rig built by a group of researchers from the University of Antwerp is certainly impressive enough in its own right, with it employing four of NVIDIA's high-end GeForce 9800 GX2 graphics cards (which combined pack eight GPUs) to help develop new computational methods for tomography. Dubbed the FASTRA, the system also packs an AMD Phenom 9850 processor, 8GB of RAM, and 750GB hard drive, all of which is powered by a 1,500W power supply (and tastefully lit up with some blue LEDs). That apparently lets 'em do calculations that previously took an hour in just a few seconds, not to mention finally get a decent frame rate in Crysis. Be sure to check out the video after the break for a thorough (and more entertaining than it should be) overview of the system.

simmonmsi
05-31-08, 10:01 PM
wtf they made it to compete against a multimillion dollar supercomputer which is does extraordinarily well in, not to play games with.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/29/researchers-create-supercomputer-with-four-geforce-9800-gx2-card/

I am speaking in general terms dude.

hokeyplyr48
05-31-08, 10:06 PM
yah only spending $5k on a computer instead of $4 million sounds pretty idiotic to me too. but that's just general economics

K007
05-31-08, 10:08 PM

No one has forced them to buy it.

If you have the money, then buy it....who are you to say what he can do with his money.

Ontopic.....looks awesome ><. Too bad no Octa SLI :(

Buckeye
05-31-08, 10:30 PM
I love it !!!!

simmonmsi
05-31-08, 10:33 PM
yah only spending $5k on a computer instead of $4 million sounds pretty idiotic to me too. but that's just general economics

Learn to read, I already stated that I am not referring to the comparison between this computer and the million dollar computer but am speaking in regards to this tri sli and quad sli BS.

simmonmsi
05-31-08, 10:35 PM
No one has forced them to buy it.

If you have the money, then buy it....who are you to say what he can do with his money.

Ontopic.....looks awesome ><. Too bad no Octa SLI :(

I could not care less what he does with his money but I am entitled to my opinion about it just as much as you guys are. Sheesh so I think its ugly? big deal.......get over it.

Oct SLi.....Yay now I can go play all those 360 ports at 400fps instead of 100....Rotf

Soetdjuret
05-31-08, 10:35 PM
It's not fake its from University of Antwerp in Belgium.

I meant the damned eggs fried on the GX2, i know the system is not fake lol. Pay attension!

Tell me what other games are out there besides Crysis that a single 9800GTX or 8800 Series card cannot handle just fine? yeah, I thought so.

morons like yourself fooled into thinking the more GPU's the BeTteRRR!!!

There are more than one game out that has bad performance on higher setting using only a 9800gtx or the 8 series and surely quite a few upcoming games. You are the moron that doesn't understand that more GPU's equals more performance. Youre pathetic...

simmonmsi
05-31-08, 10:38 PM
I meant the damned eggs fried on the GX2, i know the system is not fake lol. Pay attension!

There are more than one game out now that has bad performance on higher setting using only a 9800gtx or the 8 series. You are the moron that doesn't understand that more GPU's equals more performance. Youre pathetic...

Name the games then. Lets hear them dip****, something besides the retardness spewing from your pie hole. Besides Crysis there isnt anything else that a 9800GTX or 8800GTX cant handle at reasonable resolutions with maxed out settings nor are there really any in the near conceivable future that either would have a hard time with considering most games comming out these days on the PC are hand me down console ports.

There isnt one game that I own besides Crysis which my 8800GT cant handle just fine with maxed settings at 1680X1050.

simmonmsi
05-31-08, 10:49 PM
You are the moron that doesn't understand that more GPU's equals more performance. Youre pathetic...

Oh did I step on your toes little guy? lol. Nvidia has a hard enough time getting 2 cards in SLI to function properly much less 3,4 and 8. And never mind the fact that you are forced to use an nvidia crap chipset so you can pretty much throw reliability and stability right out the door too.

Thanks but no thanks, Single powerful GPU and Intel Chipset FTW.

Madpistol
05-31-08, 11:00 PM
Settle down fellas. There's no reason to start a flame fest over 8 GPU's samiched together...

I do wonder though, how do those cards breathe? They're very tightly packed on that motherboard.

Soetdjuret
05-31-08, 11:43 PM
Name the games then. Lets hear them dip****, something besides the retardness spewing from your pie hole. Besides Crysis there isnt anything else that a 9800GTX or 8800GTX cant handle at reasonable resolutions with maxed out settings nor are there really any in the near conceivable future that either would have a hard time with considering most games comming out these days on the PC are hand me down console ports.

There isnt one game that I own besides Crysis which my 8800GT cant handle just fine with maxed settings at 1680X1050.

Lets hear them? Ok, here's a few:

Stalker
World in conflict
Fear
Flight sim X
PT boats
Grid
DiRT
Bioshock

There are several games u can't max out on good resolutions today and even less in the future. You sure are stupid.

Oh did I step on your toes little guy? lol. Nvidia has a hard enough time getting 2 cards in SLI to function properly much less 3,4 and 8. And never mind the fact that you are forced to use an nvidia crap chipset so you can pretty much throw reliability and stability right out the door too.

Thanks but no thanks, Single powerful GPU and Intel Chipset FTW.

U didn't step anyone on the toes but your own. In crysis there is no problem with multi GPU systems. The more GPU's the more performance. That includes both 3-way SLI and Quad-SLI. But youre too stupid to get it right? And i have a nvidia chipset and it works wonder and overclocks really good. Have had it for a long time now and i have never encountered problems. Youre just full of sh!t.

K007
05-31-08, 11:43 PM
Settle down fellas. There's no reason to start a flame fest over 8 GPU's samiched together...

I do wonder though, how do those cards breathe? They're very tightly packed on that motherboard.

They probably have some portable AC or a fan stuck near the side with the case open.

simmonmsi
06-01-08, 12:04 AM
Lets hear them? Ok, here's a few:

Stalker
World in conflict
Fear
Flight sim X
PT boats
Grid
DiRT
Bioshock

Your full of sh1t and if you cannot get any of those games to run great at maxed settings on either a 9800GTX or 8800GTX besides (WIC which is CPU bound not GPU Bound and Flight Sim which is also CPU bound and is not even really a game dumbass) Then you have no business gaming on a PC and should stick with consoles.

I dont even own an 8800GTX or 9800GTX and I run every single one of those games that you listed at maxed out settings on my lowely 8800GT at 1680X1050. Bioshock absolutely screems maxed out and Fear? WTF? that game is old as dirt and if you are having trouble maxing it out on high end hardware then you really need help! ROTF.

STALKER also runs great at maxed settings and its more demanding than Bioshock and FEAR. Gawd you are a dumb@ss.

The more GPU's the more performance.

Thats not always the case.

And i have a nvidia chipset and it works wonder and overclocks really good. Have had it for a long time now and i have never encountered problems.

You can deny it all you want but its no well kept secret that Nvidia chipsets are utter and complete garbage.

And I have news for you Soetdjuret, I have seen Crysis benched with Tri SLI and it was less than impressive considering the amount of money dumped into GPU's. Anything over 1680X1050 with AA and AF turned on and the performance goes to crap. Yeah $1500.00 in GPU's well justified. ROTF.

I almost feel sorry for you..........what a tool. :lol:

Soetdjuret
06-01-08, 12:38 AM
Your full of sh1t and if you cannot get any of those games to run great at maxed settings on either a 9800GTX or 8800GTX besides (WIC which is CPU bound not GPU Bound and Flight Sim which is also CPU bound and is not even really a game dumbass) Then you have no business gaming on a PC and should stick with consoles.

I dont even own an 8800GTX or 9800GTX and I run every single one of those games that you listed at maxed out settings on my lowely 8800GT at 1680X1050. Bioshock absolutely screems maxed out and Fear? WTF? that game is old as dirt and if you are having trouble maxing it out on high end hardware then you really need help! ROTF.

STALKER also runs great at maxed settings and its more demanding than Bioshock and FEAR. Gawd you are a dumb@ss.

Thats not always the case.

You can deny it all you want but its no well kept secret that Nvidia chipsets are utter and complete garbage.

I almost feel sorry for you..........what a tool. :lol:

Lol idiot, you dont know much do you.

First off, those games i lised can't be maxed out on 1600x1200 or 1680x1050 with decent framerates using a single 9800gtx or 8800gtx. Ok WiC may if you have a quadcore or a very fast dual core. Flight sin x is CPU bound you say? Well look at this then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWCrqmYSeD0

He uses Q6700 and gets 15 - 25 fps on maxed settings. Altho he uses a high res, but hes CPU aint giving him decent framerates so you fail. Besides hes running on gtx SLI. I tried FSX on my 88gtx SLI and i got bad performance on maxed settings with AA and a high res and i still have a the E8400 with is one of the fastest dual-core CPU's.

Now i'd like to see you max out Bioshock in the garden level with max AA forced and have good framerates in 1680x1050 on your crappy 8800gt. I wasn't able with my 8800gtx i had to lower to 1280x1024. I would also like to see you play Fear at maxed settings with BOTH softshadows and 16xAA in 1680x1050 in fighting scenes. You know there is a problem with fear that makes big framedrops using both softshadows and AA at the same time. So please prove it.

Stalker, let me see you play stalker at 1680x1050 on full dynamic lighting and maxed settings and 4xAA forced on your 8800gt. I'd love to see you "run it great" as you say.

I would also like to see you play those other games maxed out with max AA in 1680x1050 with good framerates. So prove it you moron. It turns out that you dont know so much about games and how they performs with different hardware after all, still you talk very much.